Lift/Spacer Question

dmasini

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT
Buying a PA body lift for my 2001 X this week (PA-883) and had a question about my tires. Since I'm getting married in October I don't have the funds to buy new tires and rims like I want (that'll come next year). Right now I have 31" BFG AT's on stock rims. Should I get spacers to set the tires out a bit after I put the BL on? Since I'm raising the center of gravity should I bring out the tires a bit to compensate? And if so what kind of spacers should I get? Or does it really matter at all? Thanks for any help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should be ok with them like they are. The only reason you would really want them to be out wider is just to you have a wider base. I really don't think that will be needed since you are only going 3" BL and already have the TT/Shackles. It might look a little better with them though and it would handle better. But no you don't NEED them, but they would HELP a little and make it look alot better.

Yeah, I'm looking at the handling aspect mostly. But I don't want it to look dumb either. Are their any special spacers I should get? Like maybe just a 1" or something like that? How expensive are they?

the spacers that use their own lugs, the only safe kind to buy, are quite expensive... normally costing more than a set of new rockcrawler or similar rims... look @ about $300 new for the set of 4

Oh really? Yeah I'm certainly not going to spend that much on them... Thanks!

off-topic:

im gonna get the same lift with my next paycheck (2 weeks) and some 32"s with the one after that... can you send me (or post) some pictures when its all done so i start fantasizing about mine?

haha... no problem scapegoat. I'm hoping I'll be able to get started on it the 30th. I'll be keeping my 31's on it for awhile though...

Back