Lift spindles for 1st gen?

j602

resident ******
Reaction score
City, State
Dothan, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
I keep getting conflicting facts/statements on lift spindles for 1st gens. I could have sworn I saw them somewhere online but am having trouble finding them. So, I need a definite answer on this. Or will 2nd gen/Ranger spindles also work on a 1st gen? Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lol, thanks Robb. I figured this was the case after searching on this site and Google for 15 mintutes and finding absolutely NOTHING.

I thought pro-comp use to make lift spindles for 2wd 1st genX...but could b wrong. Why? you tryin to keep costs down ??? Fabtech has a 4" lift for 2wd 91-94 X's . Also autofab has a decent priced 5" lift for 91-94 's. I believe their basic lift starts at $650.00 and comes with bent I-beams, radius arms, and new coils. Nice thing about their lifts is you can start with the basic and continue to build...and upgrade as you can. They have some sweet custom coil buckets w/coil adjusters and sway-a-way shocks. Course if you have the money you could always go with one of McNeils 91-94 5.5" setups w/ equal length I-beams/heim joints/custom buckets/dual shocks/custom chromoly radius arms/limiting straps/ and so on. Camburg has some mean stuff too. www.autofab.com www.McNeilOff-Road.com www.camburg.com

the front end of any gen 1 is a TTB or TIB, no lift spindles available, they use beams not spindles for the axle....

spindles are for second gen 4x2s only.....

:confused: winner!!! :confused: Your right..no spindles on TTB; I was thinking of ProComps 2nd gen 3" spindles. IMO...Better off going with bent beams and custom radius arms anyway = more travel. :thumbsup: JM2cents

Jim congrats on the new addition...she's cute!

Ok, for some reason I thought the part that connected the hubs to the beam is the spindle. The part that you adjust camber on. What am I thinking of?

they are spindles, you can try chassis tech, or one of the other susension companies, they are out there, but hard to find with the ttb being out dated. Same as for the ranger, you used to be able to find for under 300, best bet now would be 2 or 3 inch lift coils, alot less money.

Ok so I was right in thinking that part was the spindle. As for the lift coils, I already have 'em. So are you saying 1st gen lift spindles have been made but not anymore or there is a chance I could have them made for me?

for the cost, bent beams from somewhere like camburg would be better, look over on the rangerstation, probably easier to get 2 wheel drive help there.

Well the other option I'm considering is a Skyjacker 6", which is probably what I'll end up doing. I'm going for about 5 - 6" total suspension lift, and had planned on doing the Skyjacker 6", but remembered that I could use spindles, except for the fact that they aren't made for my truck.

the part where you adjsut the camber on the explroer with ttb is basically a spindle... but it is not the same as the spindle that a 4x2 with ifs and torsion bars use and they dont make "lift spindles" for your truck

jimabena74 said:
the part where you adjsut the camber on the explroer with ttb is basically a spindle... but it is not the same as the spindle that a 4x2 with ifs and torsion bars use and they dont make "lift spindles" for your truck

Okay, I'm game, what is the difference? Not to be difficult but to me a spindle is a spindle, it attaches the same way, only difference is control arms as opposed to beams. I wasn't sure about the lift spindles, I know at one time I had seen them, but that was years ago.

Yeah it seems to me that if they had lift spindles for 2nd gen, they should have them for the first. I think the reason that I thought I saw them was because on 4WP they have a picture of a 1st gen X on the ranger lift spindles. :confused:

Back