• Register Today It's free!

lifted 1st gen explorer

Raasch09

Reaction score
City, State
West Point NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 ford explorer
I'm wanting to lift my explorer but not sure how I want to so it. I'm thinking a 3in body lift with 2in coil spacers and leaf springs. Is there anyone out there that has pics of a 3in body lift and coil lift by themselves and also together. Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm wanting to lift my explorer but not sure how I want to so it. I'm thinking a 3in body lift with 2in coil spacers and leaf springs. Is there anyone out there that has pics of a 3in body lift and coil lift by themselves and also together. Thanks in advance

I do not have a body lift but here are pics of my Ex with 2" coil spacers an Add A Leaf and Shackles.

IMG_1624_zps7d706d46.jpg

IMG_1626_zpsdb1ca192.jpg

IMG_1721_zpsc16dab21.jpg

I have seen 3 different lift options for the rear. Lift shackles lift blocks and also add a leaf lits. Can't decide which one I wanna go with can anyone tell me the differences.

Here is a Few Pics ! , This is Only 3" Body on 31"s ,
DSCF6139.jpg

This is 3" Body and 2" Coils and Shackles also only on 31"s ,
0701092006.jpg

0701092007.jpg

And now with 33"s - 3" Body , 2" coils,shackles and air shocks due to worn leaf springs ,
Photo1250_zpsd329610b.jpg

I have seen 3 different lift options for the rear. Lift shackles lift blocks and also add a leaf lits. Can't decide which one I wanna go with can anyone tell me the differences.

Go with the Add a leaf and some longer shackles. it will give you just over 2" of lift in the rear.

You can forget the "blocks". The Explorer is spring "under" which means if you put blocks between the axle and springs you would actually lower the rear.

Add-a-leaf will give you lift and change your spring rate (my experience was it made it stiffer than I want).

The Warrior-153 shackles (war-153) lift the rear by pushing the back side of the leaves down which lifts the truck BUT it also change the spring angle and pinion angle some. Some people have had issues with springs going flat after doing this. Others (like myself) have had no issues with the extended shackles.

~Mark

how long are your shackles for your 2 inch lift?

how long are your shackles for your 2 inch lift?

They are Warrior 153, and from eye to eye they are 8 1/2 inches long.

Back