Lifted mazda mpv | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted mazda mpv

I lifted my 91 MPV for less than $500 including the purchase price of the vehicle
WP_20160607_10_30_22_Pro.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I lifted my 91 MPV for less than $500 including the purchase price of the vehicle
WP_20160607_10_30_22_Pro.jpg
Yeah I'm super curious. Could you go into a little detail on how you did you lift? Parts, etc. I love the roof rack as well.

For the front I built strut spacers.
I had to remove an inch off the 3 front differential mounts and them grind a slot in the top strut mount to get rid of the positive camber.
You have to use OEM axles otherwise they just blow apart.
In the rear I used 1990 Nissan pathfinder springs with a 2 inch spacer on top.
I replaced the rear shocks with some I had left over from a jeep YJ build.
The wheels are also left over jeep parts.
Roof rack is off a ford escape no boundary edition.
Front brush guard is off a Toyota that I cut and welded to fit.
Overall with the new wheels I have less than a $1000 in this build Including the purchase price of mpv.
Pic of strut
http://thefamilygallery.com/gallery3/index.php/Mazda-MPV/WP_20151216_21_44_30_Pro

For the front I built strut spacers.
I had to remove an inch off the 3 front differential mounts and them grind a slot in the top strut mount to get rid of the positive camber.
You have to use OEM axles otherwise they just blow apart.
In the rear I used 1990 Nissan pathfinder springs with a 2 inch spacer on top.
I replaced the rear shocks with some I had left over from a jeep YJ build.
The wheels are also left over jeep parts.
Roof rack is off a ford escape no boundary edition.
Front brush guard is off a Toyota that I cut and welded to fit.
Overall with the new wheels I have less than a $1000 in this build Including the purchase price of mpv.
Pic of strut
http://thefamilygallery.com/gallery3/index.php/Mazda-MPV/WP_20151216_21_44_30_Pro
Thanks so much! I'm going to get right to lifting mine now!

Thanks so much! I'm going to get right to lifting mine now!
Ben,
send me an email if you have any questions or need more information on lifting the MPV.
I have made a few mistakes in modifying the MPV but I learned and fixed them.
once lifted it becomes almost worthless in an offroad capacity as the front axles are at 80% of there max before hitting the lower A-Arm during extension of suspension. I have limiting straps on the front to keep it from extending past the point of no return.
I didn't build it for off-road functionality... I built it because people said it couldn't be done.
Best regard
Randy

How do u post pictures I have a 1995 mazda mpv 4x4 with custom 6.5 lift on 33" swampers I would like to post

How do u post pictures I have a 1995 mazda mpv 4x4 with custom 6.5 lift on 33" swampers I would like to post

You either need to link to photos you have stored on www.PhotoBucket.com or another site like that, or you can become a supporting member and place photos directly into your posts here. Dead Link Removed

Back