lifted mounty, rims and tire suggestions? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lifted mounty, rims and tire suggestions?

Mountaineer03

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Mountaineer
i ordered a lift from coilsprings, +3 in the front and +2 in the rear. Next im focusing on tires and rims, and im debating really nice 22" chrome, or smaller rims and bigger mud tires, either way i dont want anything thats gonna rub or come out from the fenders or anything like that.

Suggestions on what tire size i should get for either?

and pics pics pics if you have them of your wheel/tire combos

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I personally am into a lift with big rubber/small rims.
But to each their own.
Normally though, people that you see putting 22's on, don't lift, they lower.

Cheers

Ben

15 doesn;t clear the stock nuckle with out grinding. I grinded mine to clear to get an idea but didn't care for the look. 12000miles an no issues. it doesn;t look good.

17-18 and some off road tires should look good stick to a 32 and pay attention to offset. you can get 32 bfg at for 20's but there not cheap by any means.

i was going to do 22s and a lift...but after seeing the prices on the nitto grapplers i decided to go w/ 22s and a drop lol

You've probably seen it before on here, but here's a pic of the exact same lift that you ordered, 3" front and 2" rear. The rims are 16x8 and the tires are 33's.
Picture040.jpg

Cheers

Ben

That, my friend, is IMO the best looking lifted vehicle - period. ^^

I agree with the old bean
Scotty

yea man if ur gunna add significant height, doing 22 inch rims wouldnt look as tasteful... go for bigger tires... id say max rim size u would want to go is 20 but that mite look too big on this small of an SUV anyway... i bet a lifted mounty will look badass though... hope all goes well

You've probably seen it before on here, but here's a pic of the exact same lift that you ordered, 3" front and 2" rear. The rims are 16x8 and the tires are 33's.
Picture040.jpg

Cheers

Dick Cepek DC-1 wheels--^^^^^^^

:thumbsup:

MGreen

yea man if ur gunna add significant height, doing 22 inch rims wouldnt look as tasteful... go for bigger tires... id say max rim size u would want to go is 20 but that mite look too big on this small of an SUV anyway... i bet a lifted mounty will look badass though... hope all goes well

Green Mounty?:D

what website did you go to for those springs and how much did it cost?

Coilsprings.com, however btf spacers would be a much cheaper way of achieving lift

Back