Lifted sport thinkin about droppin her! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted sport thinkin about droppin her!

lifted or lowered

• lifted

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • lowered

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
throw some decent tires on that thing and that will cure the noise. try a bfg or a nitto at. as far as mileage even lifted it shouldnt do that bad. my lifted 97 v8 could pull 400 miles on the highway with 31's and the 95 with 33's will pull 18-19. theres no reason for that thing to be getting 10mpg even lifted. lowerd wont help your mileage because u will drive it harder and faster.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just put the stock wheels back on with 32" bfg all terrains and they are much quieter! As for the milage, that is in stop and go traffic. I went to north Carolina for Thanksgiving and I got 15-16 mpg on the open highway. Your 97 gets more range per tank because it holds 5 more gallons then my 2 door 17 gal tank!

I also dont plan on beating the hell out it just because its lowered and it handles better. This is my daily driver and I just want it to be more comfortable for everyday use. My everyday use is 40-50 miles of stop and go and IS ALL PAVED!!!

P.S.... All of the off road goodies are for sale....local pick up only! Sorry but I dont want to deal with shipping any of it.

where in NC did u go? if its somewhere close u should come visit some time ^_^

I go to Hampstead outside of Wilmington every Thanksgiving and Ocrakoke Island every summer.

you should stop by mooresville sometime we can run at the local drag strip

I looked you up on a map and your out by Hickory. My girlfriends brother live in Taylorsville I believe. I have never been out that way but I want to get out there someday to see the mountains. I love NC!

Its a great place to be lol. Let me know next time ur in the area ill get u my number and u can give me a call ^_^

I'm going Ocrakoke in July, but I woln't be able to get over that way. We may come down to see her brother a little later in the year though. I'll let you know.

kool man. do you have Yahoo or MSN messenger?

Josh noooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :(

I was wondering when one of you guys would chime in! Nobody wants to wheel anymore and I'm starting to have luck like your when it comes to the truck. :( Its taking a toll on the steering and suspension and I dont want to start dumping money into her. The ball joints already need to be replaced again and the 4th wheel bearing is trying to seperate itself as we speak! I also dont think the AWD setup likes the lift and drive line angles. Having it engaged all the time is different then only on the trails at lower speeds.

Im not going to slam it and I am going to have a spare set of wheel and tires for snow and sand driving(outer banks every year). I will still like to wheel mabye as a ride along and be there for your occasional water crossing:D

Well the journey south has begun! :hammer:I just sold the 33's and put the stock wheels back on with the 285/75/16's on. I am buying a smaller set of temporary wheels and tires to put on her tonight or tom.

Soon the parts will begin to fly:burnout:

Im not going to slam it and I am going to have a spare set of wheel and tires for snow and sand driving(outer banks every year). I will still like to wheel mabye as a ride along and be there for your occasional water crossing:D

You mean my hydrolocking adventures? I'll need you there to help me reach the damn plugs to pull 'em. :D

I see I'm too late to snag the 33's. Damn!

If you like, you can check out my registry for a not slammed, but lowered from stock ex. The ride is smooth and feels great, but I still can handle what nature can surprise me with (snow, dirt paths, a little off-road when mountain biking- lol I know, pathetic compared to the true SAS offroader, but it does the daily driver/mpg concerned/ city boy fine :) )

You mean my hydrolocking adventures? I'll need you there to help me reach the damn plugs to pull 'em. :D

I see I'm too late to snag the 33's. Damn!

Yeah you know what i'm talking about. Thank god for body lifts!

If I knew you were interested I would have gave you dibs!

Ornithology, I like it a lot. Very clean and nicely done. That is kinda what I am giong for in the long run. I was just looking thru some older pics on here and found some of Explorerchic's truck. Her truck is pretty much what i'm aiming for minus the step bars.

On a side note: Does anyone know how to remove the herculiner from the body plastics? Has anyone done this or have any recomendations?

Herculiner? Not familiar with that, is that the carpeting?

hahahahaha......

search hootus on here and you will get all the answers you need.......

Ahhhhh. The imfomous Hootis..... I knew somebody would bring it up.

Herculiner with no hootis is like kool aid with no sugar.:help:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back