MY 2002 Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
4.10 gears Limited Slip
33x12.5r15 Pro Comp Xtreme M/T tires
15x8 Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" Torsion twist
Westin Bull Bar
2- 6" Pro Comp 100w Spot lights

i think i am about to take off the body lift and wheels/tires combo and put 20's on it with a nice 31" a/t tire
the truck really hates to tow a boat with the setup i have now and my mpg sucks badly

img_0788_edited.jpg

p1010363.jpg

100_3680.jpg

getattachment.aspx.jpg

p1010003_edited.jpg

p1010004_edited.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gotta love those HUNKS of mud on the hood!

It may have bad MPG, but it looks great! What are you getting for MPG?

looks sweet, but mpg??? same as above!?

with the re-calculation from the speedo being off its about 12-13 mpg
i use all synthetic lubes and wix filters, freshly rebuilt rear end and new front wheel bearings. All left to do is exhaust, sure that wont help much.

congrads and looks awesome

I love your ST! but why doesnt it like towing the boat? From what I can tell in the pictures it doesnt look like you have a hitch. Maybe invest in a wieght transfering hitch?

no, i have a hidden hitch but take it off in the winter for additional offroad clearance, hence the big rip in my rear bumper from catching edges.
Those tires are just really heavy, close to 70lbs each
the tire weight and size plus boat weight equals bad towing, itll do it but hills suuuuuck

Have you tried a programmer/tuner?

My advice- keep the ST as is (or continue to make it more badass) and buy a 4 banger commuter for good MPGs.

Having the 2nd car is great. I paid $1500 for my Saturn. A bad tank of gas is 27 mpg in it. Most tanks are 32+ mpg. Best was 39 mpg. At the current cost of gas, it'll take me 19 months to justify the Saturn in gas savings. But having that 2nd car (actually 3rd if you count the wife's car), makes it worth it right away.

Oh, and awesome ST.

edit- but I guess since this thread is from 2009, you've probably already made up your mind.....

Back