Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 102 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Finally found some time and decent weather to do a little work on the front suspension today. Right now things are just bolted up loosely and tack welded into place to get a rough base line of where I want to put the axle (forward from stock to fit the 37's). It's sitting a bit higher than ride height because it's still sitting on the jack stands for support. I will definitely be removing the body lift to lower the height which means I'll have to redo the front and rear bumpers and the rock sliders. I might just sale all of them and build new custom bumpers and sliders. I won't be using the swingout tire carrier either.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

havent posted in a while. it still runs like a champ. needs wheel bearings like crazy, but i still keep driving the **** out of it. i dont know why the picture turned out so small; iphone problems, perhaps. lol

v6m1jJ.png

Got out and played yesterday and learned I need to spend some time on the cooling system and replace the muffler since I tore it off but a good day none the less!:D

Attachments

• 20140927_101459.jpg
    20140927_101459.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 809
  • 20140927_114453.jpg
    20140927_114453.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 795
  • 20140927_153558.jpg
    20140927_153558.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 805
  • 20140927_172939.jpg
    20140927_172939.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 798

Nice pictures man.

Jubean, nice pictures! We need to hit the trails together sometime sooon!!

Rebel that is looking like a monster!!! Love it!

Here's a few shots from our jaunt in the mountains yesterday

Luke, are you happy with that mount on plate backup cam? I been wanting 1 for some time for ease of hooking up a trailer. On good days I only need to get out once to check and realign for hookup but that's 1 to many times. I was looking at my options and nothing really pop out that I liked. I wanted hidden from sticky fingers and a way for a nice clean cab video/monitor. To be honest didn't think to highly of the mount on plate style but I have nothing to base that from besides it saying bam, hi there to passerbys

I've been more than happy with it - the lens gets a bit dusty from time to time, but that's my fault lol. I just remember to wipe it.

As far as sticky-fingers- It only costs like $15 from amazon. I'm more worried about it showing I have an aftermarket stereo that has a screen. then they have to break windows to get it :/

I like it though :)

You guys are killin me. Midnight your Trac is looking absolutely awesome. Keep us posted! It's nothing exciting but it rained last night so tonight I'm going to go ford some streams in the state park nearby. Standby for pictures. Keep the pictures coming I'm living vicariously for a while.

The cool weather and a three day weekend can only mean one things for me. Time to go out into the garage and spend a day under my truck! Happy days to come. The To-Do List:

Re-install E Brake line from BL
Re-install Wheel Spacers on the front
Re-install Running Boards (my Mom will be happy)
Fix my bed cover (my dad broke the plastic corner. We'll see if its salvageable)
Re-align headlights and fog lights
Waterproof my fuse box
Tighten Throttle cord
Clean throttle body
Seafoam clean combustion system
Car Wash
Clean the garage
Transmission filter change
oil change
tires rotated

Then I get to do laundry and inside stuff :*(

Luke I'm thinking of making a run to Rocky Mountain National Park next summer. We should hit a trail if that happens! Hope everyone else has a great weekend. I'll post pics and updates as necessary. I think I'm going to go to our local state park as well and see if I can have some fun in the shale and water crossings :)

Welp it was a busy weekend but I didn't really do all that much in terms of going to play with the trac. Got a lot done though pretty much everything on my list. Realized for the first time how flimsy and silly the steps I have are though, so I started hunting for rock sliders and found these pre-made ready to ship sliders from Trail Gear that I think ought to work (78" sliders with gussets/mounting plates). I'm sure they'll have to be minorly customized but far easier and cheaper for me than finding someone to fab them. Might be my next big of fun :)

https://www.trail-gear.com/TG/Rock_Slider_Kit_58_/i_0_0_3212/_120001-1-KIT.aspx#.VDL49GddVzU

I will say, after a tune, seafoam, transmission flush and oil change it feels solid and strong. I guess I didn't realize how much I'd lost. OH and my shop says they'll do install of 4.56 gears + Aussie locker whenever I'm ready for 900 for both axles. Gotta love it when you make friends with the store manager.

10704395_10154667211455103_4148801831316243804_o.jpg

10668650_10154667211450103_6012539077060232868_o.jpg

1980325_10154667211445103_8153943073619891696_o.jpg

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Yeah, those are the same step bars I had on mine. I took them off the first time I went off road and high sided on them. Wasn't pretty. My buddy is gonna make me some rock sliders once I get the body lift done but I'd be interested to see how those turn out for you.

Nice, dauntless, that was quite the list of maintenance work!!! Keep me posted on your trip plans, and I'll come up with some good ones we can go on - there's plenty to choose from.

If you want, you can look through my photobucket, and if you see one of the pictures that looks like somewhere you want to go, we can go there
http://s488.photobucket.com/user/lwmorris/library/?sort=3&page=1

Nice, dauntless, that was quite the list of maintenance work!!! Keep me posted on your trip plans, and I'll come up with some good ones we can go on - there's plenty to choose from. If you want, you can look through my photobucket, and if you see one of the pictures that looks like somewhere you want to go, we can go there http://s488.photobucket.com/user/lwmorris/library/?sort=3&page=1
Hell ya Luke that would be awesome I'll start looking at that. I didn't quite finish my list still want to tighten the throttle cord and clean the throttle body. Everything else pretty much finished.

Also if anyone has a spare bed cover they want to part with let me know. I'm now in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Luke, You're not making the offer to me, but I don't have to look at your photobucket to know I'd like to go to any/all the places you photograph!

Amen!! I'm not sure I'd be able to pick lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

thanks

Just want to thank everyone on here for all your knowledge.. finally can post some pics...

truck1.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck2.jpg

Looks really nice!! I remember when my Trac looked exactly like that (different black wheels though).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All the shopping and reading for wheels and tires paid off,
looks great swampghost ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back