Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

I'll take closer pictures tomorrow.
I love the swing gate, trying to design mine right now, I want something pretty close to that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks man.

nice trac, Sethy!. do you have a pic of how the cap is clamped to the truck bed? always wondered how it was connected securely..

Ok, here's some closeups. The rack come with mounts for crossbars, I took them apart, and used just the tops. then used rubber stops from the hardware store to build them up.

116_3896.jpg

116_3894.jpg

Hi Sethy, thanks for these, but i meant the Cap connection to the bed, not the rack to the cap. :)
thanks.

oh, sorry man, misunderstood. that's even more simple. let me snap a pic real quick.

Here ya go. it's just a normal camper bracket made for the sport trac. you can probably order them on ebay. there's 1 bolt right into the factory inserts.
116_3914.jpg

perfect, thank you sir!

:thumbsup: Love it man, looks really good. Makes me want some 35s. Nitto makes a 35x14.50x15 but these 13.50s are bad enough.

After my little new years eve experience... Ill be buying 32" Wrangler Authorities and give those a try... I can't get the nice stuff like you OffTrac :p being a broke college kids sucks

Those Authority's are supposed to be good tires, also check out the GY Territory's.

35's would be awesome, except for the trimming part. ive been trimming mine for months and ill still get a scrape or rub every now and then. looks awesome man! more pics of that thing in action!

Funny story, yesterday a buddy told me about someone he knew selling some tires, that would fit my truck, so I got his number and called him up, and met him, bought the tires, got them mounted and balanced, and all of this occurred in a period of about 5 hours. Haha it was so random but I love them. 285/75/16 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, I'll have pictures up tonight. It's such a step up from those little A/T's, I love them, and my Trac has a lot beefier look to it now. :D

Alright got some pics with the Mickey T's on. Lemme know what you think!

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

:D

Looks good man, they'll last another year or so. I had 1.5" spacers on mine when I ran the stickers and 285's. I'd suggest only 1.25" fronts and 1.25-1.5" rear.

:chug:

i dont have any wheel spacers, and i havent decided whether i want them or not, i kind of like the tire even with the wheel well right now. but thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweet, im telling you, sport tracs are slept on as great trucks to mod. we could turn some heads if we all had a mass sport trac gathering!

Back