Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 49 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

It would need geared, locked and shafts, doesn't say what year it's out of though so it might not work. Not worth it in my opinion.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I guess I dont feel so bad then

IMO, it might not be that bad of a purchase if it's the correct year axle.

They have a serial number on the hub that tells you some info like axle type manufacture date and gearing.

Been a while, but decided to get the wheel spacers in the back only, as my front tires stick out about a half inch and the back tires are pretty much even. The local shop said the best bet and for sure safe method was to actually replace the lug bolts with longer ones, then add the wheel spacer. So the wheel spacers don't have any of there own lugs just acting as a spacer. He said I Didn't need hub centric spacers, but i'm thinking i do. I guess when you only need just under a half inch your options are limited. We actually put a half inch spacer on but not enough lug to properly tighten the bolts. And the spacers that come with there own lugs actually stuck out to far. Does this seem to be the method most would go with? Replacing the lug bolts with longer ones that is. Seems like a lot to get that extra half inch. Thanks...

I currently run the wheel adapter style on the rear only but it bumps it out an inch and a quarter. Honestly I like the look a lot. By wheel adapter style I mean spacers that bolt onto the rotor lugs and then have their own lugs. Also they are hub centric.

The rear studs had PLENTY of room for 1/2 spacers.
as a rule for lugs you need the same length of thread as the diameter of the stud, for example, 1/2x20 lug studs need 1/2" of thread.

you should still have 3/4" of thread after spacers. That being said, If you have wheels that have milled out hollows between the bolt holes, I'd use 1" hub centric adapters, lot safer IMO.

Thanks, well I did an exact measure and the front tires stick out past the fender exactly 3 cm or 1.18 inches. The back tires are basically level with the fender maybe in a tad. So i figure 1.25 inch wheel spacers will do the trick. Make for a more consistent look. Strunner for your hubcentric spacers, where did you get them. Having a hard time finding a place that knows about wheel spacers. Thanks guys.

Do you guys think that a camburg 6.0 would look good on my 2001 sport trac?

Thanks, well I did an exact measure and the front tires stick out past the fender exactly 3 cm or 1.18 inches. The back tires are basically level with the fender maybe in a tad. So i figure 1.25 inch wheel spacers will do the trick. Make for a more consistent look. Strunner for your hubcentric spacers, where did you get them. Having a hard time finding a place that knows about wheel spacers. Thanks guys.

I got mine on ebay from a seller called pe-motorworks. I just went to My Ebay and theyre no longer for sale for the exact same ones. This was the title: "1.25" 5x4.5 to 5 x 4.5 Wheel Adapters Ford Explorer Sport Trac Spacers 1/2x20". You could try adding hubcentric to that.

HEY! Those look like the ones, hub centric and all. Look like great quality too. Wonder if they are made in usa. Price is nice. Did your sport trac lug bolts have to be shortened at all or did the spacers fit on no problem? Thanks, looking forward to putting these on. They say to check the bolts sometimes, ever known any to come a bit loose?

I ran mine for 2 years with no trouble at all, never a lose lug.

Do you guys think that a camburg 6.0 would look good on my 2001 sport trac?

which one? edge entry level 6.0 or edge performance 6.0? are you just going for looks?

Nope they covered em 100%. As for tightening lugs I can't really say because I've had wheels on and off all summer. Currently I have maybe 750 miles on them since last time I took them off and no problems. They were tight all the times I took them off as well. You just torque them down like a tire and then put the tire on those and you're good to go. GL. Look forward to pictures.

8028565720_fb0a53728b_b.jpg

8028565147_f7046d747b_b.jpg

Awesome pics as usual Luke. When does it start snowing ? Do you still go out with snow ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome pics as usual Luke. When does it start snowing ? Do you still go out with snow ?

Normally around the end of October. I've only had my Trac since February, and lift/tires since March. Before that, I was in a 2wd explorer that I babied. But you can bet your ass I'll see a snowy trail this winter :)

Here's one more :)

615717_468630959825896_1198055120_o.jpg

Back