Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 70 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

True words. My wife and I graduated in '08/'09, took crap jobs initially and have doubled our incomes every year for the past three and expect that to happen at least one more time before we're 30, God willing. Stay within your means, work past tired, play every chance you can and keep your eyes open for opportunities but don't expect anyone to give you anything because that doesn't happen. Better to hustle in your youth while you can. I'm getting sick of grad school and it seems to be going slow because of commuting and working full time but I can see where it's going to pay off in time.

In the mean time, the axles will stay in the garage along with the '69 Cougar. When I can finally dump big money into them and do them exactly how I want, it'll be well worth it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn I like the Idea of that! Its cheaper and gives me the satisfaction of having my welds on there. And that is some serious steel on there.

If you go that route let me know how it goes. When I regear and put my locker in I wanna get a different diff cover and I like this one for the same reasons as you. They look really beefy.

heres a latest updated pictures of my trac. with rear SOA job done this past friday. new 36" tsl bias on 10"wide keystones

tracflip3.jpg

tracflip2.jpg

Looks good man. Still waiting on parts for my SAS steering:(

Teaser pictures, Can't wait to get all the parts needed to do this swap. Been pushing it off for 5-6 years now for one reason or another. No more!!!

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

At this rate you might beat me to the end product haha. I can't wait to get mine back down to SC to test out how it does compared to what it used to do.

The only thing that really sucks about the GW D44 and leaf springsis that there's no room to truss the axle over the diff.

At this rate you might beat me to the end product haha. I can't wait to get mine back down to SC to test out how it does compared to what it used to do.

Let me know when and I'll see how far I can follow you for a direct comparison.

What are you doing about the rear wheels/ spacers/ adapters with the six bolt pattern. I've seen guys talk about two piece adapters on Pirate that equal out to the two inch spacers needed to eqaul the width for the front. You're keeping the 6 x 5.5, right.

Let me know when and I'll see how far I can follow you for a direct comparison.

Haha very true. I'll definitely let you know and we can head to Beasly Knob or Gulches one weekend.

What are you doing about the rear wheels/ spacers/ adapters with the six bolt pattern. I've seen guys talk about two piece adapters on Pirate that equal out to the two inch spacers needed to eqaul the width for the front. You're keeping the 6 x 5.5, right.

Yeah I'm staying with the 6x5.5 bolt pattern. I'll be using the 2 piece adapters too since they'll even it out with the front.

damn, thats gonna be awesome. wish you lived on the west coast, i could scrounge your IFS parts off you.

Yeah man I've got about 50 random brackets in a huge pile lol. It's ridiculous how many pieces there are in this IFS setup.

yeah, ive been doing a ton of waffling over whether im going IFS or SAS. so far, the ABS is the tipping point in the favor of the IFS. if i go IFS, i can get most of what i need for the conversion out of a donor vehicle. if i go SAS, ill need to source a an axle, leaf springs, a tranny, a t-case, and an ecu.

what im still trying to find out is whether there is some sort of adapter that will allow me to use my current transmission with the transfer case i pull from the donor vehicle. im still confused about what im gonna do about the rear driveshaft and the transfer case.

Ratbiker, what's done to your front end? Your truck looks amazing man!

Lono, get a 1354 transfercase from an F-150, it'll be stronger and be manual with the floor stick like older trucks instead of the electronic switch. I'll be doing a 1354 swap done the road as well. There are members that have kept abs with SAS, can't remember off too of my head but it can be done depending on axle used. Honestly my abs hasn't worked since going 33's and it stops better and I feel it's safer. Jmo. You won't need a different ecu with SAS.

I picked up the wheels for my SAS today. Only set I have ever seen like this and I got five, not just four. Somebody else other then me actually bad a matching spare. I got all five for $190.

American Racing polished aluminum 15x9 with 3.75" b.s. and 6x 5.5 bolt pattern to fit the Grand Wagoneer Dana 44 axle.

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

The other four in the last picture are the four 15x10 Ultra polished aluminum wheels I bought awhile back, I'll probably sell them since I have no use for them now, need polished.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back