Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 71 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

I was at home depot today picking up some compost and some old guy in the parking lot said to me "what kind of Toyota is that!? Its once of the nicest trucks I've ever seen." I said thanks, its a ford!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice find Jerry! I looked all over the east coast from Pa to Ga and no one seemed to have a set of 5 wheels. I don't understand why they wouldn't want a matching spare to do a 5 tire rotation. I think my problem was I was looking for 17" wheels to fit my current tires.

I was at home depot today picking up some compost and some old guy in the parking lot said to me "what kind of Toyota is that!? Its once of the nicest trucks I've ever seen." I said thanks, its a ford!

Hahaha I love when that happens. A lot of guys down in the southeast never thought a sport trac could amount to anything on trails. Then I see them taking pictures and video through the trees lol.

Yup, I know there's that cliche about when guys get into a midlife crisis they go buy a corvette or a Porsche. Hell they should save they're money and go lift up a sport trac. People stop and ask me questions about it all the time.

Hate that. Was picking up my winch from a local 4x4 shop, guy looked out and saw my truck and was offering to take the winch out to it, "you in the Nissan? I mean the ranger?"

Lol no homie, I don't think there are any of those in the lot, only my trac and like 80 jeeps lol (one obviously his)

People always ask where did I find the lift and offroad parts for my F-150, Nissan, Toyota and once by a guy in a Raptor "What year Raptor is that?, Where'd you get the bumpers from?" LOL.

A lot of people also think its really new, like 07 or 09. No one believes me when I tell them it's over 10 years old. Ford did a great job with the body style for sure.

I'll just leave this here ;)

35s3_zpsdc631837.jpg

35s2_zps17b7a8a8.jpg

35s_zpsa2a8337f.jpg

Looks good man! Bet you're happy to have that done. I suggest getting a matching spare though otherwise you're screwed if you have tire problems because the stock tires won't cut it.

Im holding off on getting a matching spare until i move onto the 5x5.5 rims. I've already got 4 mud king xl 35's. so i'll mount one of those and use it as the spare tire. My mustang is getting sold tomorrow after noon, so then my garage is empty and i'll be able to put the axles in there and start rebuilding and getting them ready for the swap.

Unfortunately, the explorer no longer fits in the garage, so i'll be building the axles inside the garage, and then rolling them outside to mount under the truck.

my two girls got to come out and say good bye to each other tonight, mustangs getting picked up tomorrow after noon.

goodbye3_zps264390dc.jpg

Well I finally joined the painted cladding club and let me tell you does it look a 1000 times better. Also got new front and rear bumpers because I was in an accident so it looks like a brand new truck :D

20130325_165320_zps7d2b88fd.jpg

20130325_165424_zps4fe1a6da.jpg

Also a couple of things I made that some might find useful. The first is a cb antenna mount that goes on the inside of the tailgate area against the side and still allows me to open and close the tailgate.

20130324_114151_zpsffb7cd4d.jpg

20130324_114139_zpsc0d320c5.jpg

The second is a solution to that stupid bag in the center console. I made it out of thin sheet metal and wrapped it in a vinyl like material.

20130325_165519_zps4922d570.jpg

Looks great man, keep up the good work.

Looks great man, keep up the good work.

Thanks Midnight. I will say your trac has been one that has definitely inspired the look of my truck.

Next to come is 285/75/16's, basically 33's, and 4.10 or 4.56 gears. I havnt decided yet. Anyone have any input as far as which would be a good choice?

If your Trac came with 3.73's and you're going upto 33's I would definitly go 4.56's to match everything back up.

Mine came with 4.10's but I'm doing a SAS, SOA and either running 37's or 35's so I'm bumping upto 4.88's.

Your console fix is exactly what I had in mind. Mine didn't even come with a bag so I just want anything there

If your Trac came with 3.73's and you're going upto 33's I would definitly go 4.56's to match everything back up.

Mine came with 4.10's but I'm doing a SAS, SOA and either running 37's or 35's so I'm bumping upto 4.88's.

Yea mine came with 3.73's. Would the 4.56's take it back to stock ratio?

TGtrac- Yea the center console was fairly simple to make. Just take some cardboard, trace the opening, and transfer to some thin sheet metal. Best interior mod I have done.

I know that with stock 4.10's and 33's, 4.56 would take it back to stock but not totally sure about stock 3.73'and 33's. I would say 4.88's would be correct but check with Lono on that, he's done tons of research into upping gears to match tires.

breeze, i had 4.10 and when i went from stock 30" to 35s, i swapped to 4.56 and that put it back to the stock ratio for me. since you have 3.73 and have 30" tires as stock and are looking to run 33s the 4.10 set is what you should run to get you back as close as possible to a stock ratio of 3.73 or you can put 4.56 in to get a final ratio near 4.10... from the research that i personally put into my trac if you run 4.56 with 33" tires your RPMs will be higher while driving on the road than what you are used to and may effect MPG if you care about that. if its an off road rig only id say go 4.56, if its more a DD i would go 4.10 just my .02. you can calculate the ring and pinion ratio that you would need by dividing the new tire size by the old one and then multiplying that number by the current gear ratio and that will give you the gear ratio that you should run (33 / 30 x 3.73 = 4.103).the closest would be 4.10 but its up to you really in what you want out of your rig. hope this helps any questions let me know

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2001 Sport Trac 2" suspension 3" Body 33" tire

Here is a few side finished pics to include the trim.

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,475
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,130
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg