• Register Today It's free!

Lifter Ticking?

XLimited

Reaction score
City, State
Mohawk, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Limited 4x4
When I recieved my vehical it had two cracked heads on it. It never made any sort of noise but after replacing the heads I have a ticking noise coming from my drivers side. It's pretty loud and its really annoying. I also changed the oil and filter at the same time. I've heard that maybe I didn't tighting the rocker arm assembly tight enought is this possible? I've heard maybe it could be my oil filter too. Just looking for some ideas. Thank you

Without hearing it myself I don't know how loud it is..but as Curtis said check the rockers...Also remember that the OHV engine isn't the quietest engine out there, it ticks and raps around some compared to other engine designs.

If the top end isn't getting oil it will tick pretty loudly, too..

It is pretty loud at times, sometimes if the car is running you can hear it across the yard but sometimes at idle its not there and when the RPM's get up there you can't hear it anymore maybe because you can't hear it over the motor or maybe its not getting oil up there, is there any way to test this. Sometimes the oil gauge is still in the normal but more on the lower side then the higher side.

Back