Lifters, Rockers! AHHHH 4.0L Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifters, Rockers! AHHHH 4.0L Help!

baughb

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Ok. I've read a lot of stuff on the board, and I have a problem. I have what sounds very much to be a lifter issue. It starts when the engine starts, and stops when the engine stops. It is constant at any temp, any speed, etc etc. 1991 XLT
I have called around, stevensparts does not have lifters or rocker arms, and does not ever expect to have them again. Delta Cam quoted me $11per lifter.... and $167 for a rocker kick. I plan on pulling the valve covers this weekend, but do I need lifters, or is it most likely a rocker issue? If I need lifters, where should I go? Thanks guys, this site is amazing and you all seem to be nice people. Anyone interested in racing (cars) in the Northwest (Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Washington), check out my site.... www.spokanestreetracing.com
Sorry to advertise, just tryin to push my name. Thanks again guys!

Welcome to the board. You will probably find your lifters will be okay, but your rockers and pushrods will need to be replaced. There is a guy on this board Doug904, email him, he will have sources and he sells some 4.0 parts. Let us know how you make out.

Awesome. I was going to do lifters too.... but Im just going to order up some rocker arms and pushrods from deltacam most likey. Thanks again, and Ill contact Doug904

Back