lifting 2" on rear..what do i need to do? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lifting 2" on rear..what do i need to do?

noxen

Reaction score
City, State
Farmington CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XLT
This is what I'm getting:

Polyurethane coil spring spacer lift kit. Lift the front of your 4WD Ford Bronco II, Ranger, Explorer, F-150 or Bronco 2 inches with this kit!.

It's for 2" but only the front and was wonderin what I should do to lift the rear 2" also. I'm new to this board also and am glad to have found it, thanks for any replies!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh and sorry this is for my 4wd 94 XLT

Get some warrior shackles for the rear:D

where can i get em? got any info handy? costs etc

www.desertrat.com or you can buy the cheaper ones at autozone they are about 50 plus shipping from the rat:D

Do a search on warrior shackles there is lots of info on them:)

im on 4wheelparts.com and that desertrat one but i cant find it. also how much is it? easy to install? thanks

They are very easy to install.Just e-mail desert rat they are real cool:D

noxen,
you need to call 4wheelparts. Part # WAR153. They're really easy to install, it's 4 bolts. You need a few jackstands, a good jack, and a good ratchet set. I've outlined how to install them before on this site, try the search feature.

i have, couldnt really find much info i needed

Jack up one side at a time using the frame just ahead of the front leaf spring perches. Also support the rear diff and the center of the leaf spring. Then undo the bolts holding the shackle on, being careful to not let the leaf spring (with the axle) fall too much. Then just put on the new shackle. Repeat for the other side.

Really easy, just the bolts may be a bit stubborn. Good luck!

i just bid on this, it seems easier? would it be good quality? thanks for all the replies by the way!

sorry this: Dead Link Removed

Shackles in the rear normally result in more lift and a better ride in the rear than add-a-leafs. Also, I hate online auctions. Personally, I'd use the Ford spacer up front and the Warrior shackles in the rear. Oh, and the shackles are a much easier install than leafs.

lol how come u hate online auctions? if it doesnt work out in the rear ill get shackles..also is it practical to get bigger tires on the stock rims? i love the stock rims on it and was wonderin how much more expensive itd be to get 31" tires or whatever. thanks for the reply alec, ur x is sick!

That`s where I got my kit!

Wish I got more lift from the rear now though. Am trying to find shackles for 1 inch more.

awesome, yea I'm waiting to install mine until I hear back from desertrat to get a pair of shackles, no one has them on ebay!! :]

noxen, thats the same one that I bid on last week, I waiting for it to come in. It does come with 2 leafs for the rear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how hard is it to add on leafs???

Back