Lifting 4th Gen with Truxxx Leveling Kit + Rancho QuickLift | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifting 4th Gen with Truxxx Leveling Kit + Rancho QuickLift

When lifting the 2006 Explorers, did you need anything special for the alignment afterwards?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When lifting the 2006 Explorers, did you need anything special for the alignment afterwards?

Any suspension lift will cause extra tension on stock upper control arms and cause a premature frailer. Also some times you won't be able to preserve the manufacturer alignment specification (the stock upper control arms are kind short)

you need extended upper control arms with uni-ball joint to withstand the extra tension and have proper alignment.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319957

Ok thanks Electrician!

Now I am kinda going about this differently. I need to lower mine - by about 1.5". Since you seem to familiar with what's going on with the suspension, would you say that dropping it by 1.5" would not cause any issues? Do you think there would be anything needed? I know you're not an expert (or maybe you are :) ) but I am new to this suspension, and I have not been able to get a answer to that question.

Ok thanks Electrician!

Now I am kinda going about this differently. I need to lower mine - by about 1.5". Since you seem to familiar with what's going on with the suspension, would you say that dropping it by 1.5" would not cause any issues? Do you think there would be anything needed? I know you're not an expert (or maybe you are :) ) but I am new to this suspension, and I have not been able to get a answer to that question.

as far as I know, there is no lowering kit for 4th gen. you need to have custom coils (shorter with higher rate) so you wont mess the vehicle stability.

some lowered there ex here locally by cutting 1/3 to 1/2 turn of the top of the coils with a grinder (don't use torch or you will ruined the coils) note that you should cut the same amount of all coil springs

Did anybody try Rancho struts in winter? How do the behave in deep frost (ca. -25 F)?

My 2008 Ford Explorer, V6 has 265/75/16 tires/wheels, the wheels are ProComp, Tires are Dick Cepek Crushers, Magnaflow exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Air Intake System not available unless made from scratch, Tiregate to hold my spare, Lund Hood scoops, and i added a few other body features to dress it up a bit. Will be working on installing Tachometer and other meters inside the cab, I have installed rear fog lights. Will be installing some rear graphics of the Ford Raptor. Will have more pics loaded soon....

But, i definately need a lift to finish off my final touches. I've noticed the body lifts on a post here in the forum, even though it looks good it is just a bit too much for me. It doesn't really sit right for me because with a lift like that, larger tires should of been a factor. The space between the tire and the wheel well is a bit spacey and there is nothing to compensate for the space unless the shocks could be more visible to show some detail... That is what i would have to do to mines.

I've thought about the Truxx kit and the Rancho Quicklift, would like to but not quite sure yet....

What did you end up doing with the lift & QuickLift?

Back