• Register Today It's free!

Lifting a 95 Sport!?!

95exploderrr

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport 4x4
Looking to get at least 2'' more clearance on my stock '95 Explorer Sport 4wd, and some larger tires, nothing too ridiculous....budget is limited. Help!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did you already have some lift?what tires you want to fit?

95exploderrr said:
Looking to get at least 2'' more clearance on my stock '95 Explorer Sport 4wd, and some larger tires, nothing too ridiculous....budget is limited. Help!!

2" torsion twist (free) besides an alignment afterwards. probably wouldn't hurt to get some 4 dr leaf packs since u have the mono leaf in the back now. then add some shackles ($70 +-) and/or add-a-leafs (aal's only if u swap to 4dr leaf packs) depending on how much the rear is sagged u might need both. that'll be atleast 2" of lift allowing u to fit 31's easy (which may fit stock without lift) or 32's that or there is always a body lift. but it can get a little pricey if u can't do the work yourself

hiridin hit it righ on the nail, but forgot a 2" body lift lol....he basicly said everything i had in the beginning. the tt, aal, shackels and 4dr pack ran me about $125 total and i did all the installling.

The tt, aal, shackels and 4dr pack just $125? 4dr pack will all fit on 2dr? Where could i get these for best price? Also could i do all this work myself with repair and maintenance guide, Jack, and some tools??
As far as body lift goes; if i can get at least 2'' even clearance just by doing the above work myself, i would hold off on it and spend the extra $$ on tires (30+) and new rims considering i have 15 aluminum alloy and i dont kno if they would look stupid with larger tires
In addition my truck has only 28k( :D ) so i would assume not too much sagging has occurred, so are we talking 2'' maybe 3'' without body lift??
thx

well 28k dosent mean alot when the truck itself is 11 years old. i bought my leafs from a local junk yard. go look in one near your house and see what you can do. If you end up needing some let me know and i can sell you mine. I dont need them since i have my suspension lift. I have 35's on stock jeep wheels, dont look too bad but they are american racing wheels(still stock tho). you can search my name and see some of my pics from my lifts...i have a few differnt threads.

ok well what exactly should i be looking for, the 4 dr leaf pack, or singles leafs? or am i just describing the same thing, lol
as for the shakels and all that ****, could i do it myself?

95exploderrr said:
ok well what exactly should i be looking for, the 4 dr leaf pack, or singles leafs? or am i just describing the same thing, lol
as for the shakels and all that ****, could i do it myself?

i just got my 4dr leaf packs off a totaled explorer. anyways the 4 dr leaf pack has multi leaves... the single leaf on your sport now is the mono leaf, (the problem with the mono leaf is u cant add an add-a-leaf to it and the shackles alone might not be enough lift in the back) thats why u want to replace (if u get 4 dr leaf packs). the shackles and or add-a-leafs and even swapping out the leaf springs isn't a big deal IF u have the right tools. its pretty straight forward. u get your 2" or so out of the front and just raise the back to match.. however much u need to level it out.

Back