lifting my ’91 ex again. Questions! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lifting my ’91 ex again. Questions!

virtual"x"

Reaction score
City, State
Powell River B.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 explorer Edie Bower
Hey I’m going to lift my ’91 ex again :rolleyes: and was just wondering
(Currently 2”BL 2” suspension)

I will be lifting it with the ranger front 6” lift + f150 spacers and carrier soft ride 3” lift springs + SOA. That’s 10” Baby :D

My questions are
1.Will the ex be way to unstable with this lift with my current tires 32x10.5? :confused: (Eventually going to 35-36’s but $$$$$$ will be low after lift)
2.Kit comes with radius drop brackets so…. should I not use the brackets and just extend my arms by 15”? What would be the benefits of each?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First of all, search first. Anyways, you can use a 6" ranger lift on the front, as long as its not newer than a 97 (last year for TTB) But, you cannot use the spacers as well, caus you will never get it aligned. As for the rear, that will work out just fine. but IMO, an easier way to get 10" of lift would be to do a 5.5" superlift in front, SOA rear with shackles, and 3" BL. That will work out to around 10", and its my current setup. You are right in thinking it will be unstable, body roll it terrible but swaybars can help this. Also, dont even think of running 32's with 10" of lift, I have 33's and they look small, 32's would look just sad. Benefits of extended rad arms is better flex and stability, but If you arnt going to wheel it then the drop brackets will work just fine.

I agree 32's with a 10" lift will look pretty bad, I don't currently have sway bars but with the added offset and tire width helps with the stability, still lots of body roll, but without too much risk of rolling. Extended radius arms will creat more flex and will be less to get hung up on since there won't be a bracket hanging down

i have pretty much same set up as snoboarder and i am running 35s it looks pretty good and runs good to but body roll is terrible and i dont run sway bars so that aint helpin much....

not to hijack the thread but what about the 8 inch ranger lift? with the three inch body lift that puts you at 11 inchs. But yeah 32's on even 8.5 inches of lift would be rediculous. not so much looks but dangerous as well.

Back