• Register Today It's free!

Lifting my TTB - Round 2

Explorin'VA

Reaction score
City, State
P-twn
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 xlt
I picked up a 4" skyjacker kit from someone on another forum. I'm not going to install it right away. Instead I'm going to take some time to piece together a nice ttb lift with the base of this kit. My plan is to soa the rear since I already have an extended rear driveshaft that came from a spring over explorer. In the front I plan on using the skyjacker axle pivot brackets mounted for 6" of lift, james duff coil buckets with their dual shock mounts, 5-6" springs (either JD or SJ) and JD long arms. The reason for leaning towards this setup is because the SJ radius arms cost as much as the JD arms and coil buckets combined. Does anyone see a problem with running these two kits together? I know the JD arms have fitment issues, but with the coil buckets that the arms are designed to be used with, I think it's possible. I'm sure someone else has done this.

If I keep everything skyjacker brand, I will probably do 6" SJ coils, SJ radius arms, FA600 pitman arm, and f250 shock towers.

This is what I'm working with. Not pictured is a FA400 pitman arm.

2dlvhjt.jpg

I am installing my superlift now.. and know i will need extended radius arms .. so i guess i will end up with JD arms soner or later.. but i need a job before i can spend more.. :D

Back