Lifting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Doc913

Reaction score
City, State
Medford, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer EB
I've read a lot of the forums and researched to lift my 97 explorer Eddie bauer edition. I know the TT rule is no more than 2" due to CV joint issues. But I'm looking for about 3" up front and would like to know if anyone could suggest aftermarket cv joints, control arms, or anything to extend the life with a 3" TT (if I get that much). Also, shock spacers up front, for an extra inch with a 2" TT, if that can save my cv joints?

Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Forget everything you're trying to do if you want more than 2" suspension lift. The only way to do this right is to get the 4" Superlift. On my 96 I have a 3" overall lift, 1.5 suspension and 1.5 from my 32's but if you want a 3" TT it's not going to happen.

Forget everything you're trying to do if you want more than 2" suspension lift. The only way to do this right is to get the 4" Superlift. On my 96 I have a 3" overall lift, 1.5 suspension and 1.5 from my 32's but if you want a 3" TT it's not going to happen.

Do you have a photo, so I have an idea of what I am to expect?

Do you have a photo, so I have an idea of what I am to expect?

Here's the best I have at the moment.

Sitting in about 15 inches of snow:

0123161315_zpsm5vecd6d.jpg

Pulling my dad out since he likes running performance street tires all year round and slid his ass off the driveway:

0124161338_zps8xstgpcp.jpg

Back