lifts from a ranger to an exploder | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lifts from a ranger to an exploder

Reaction score
City, State
Coos Bay, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
I have a 92 exploder and have a buddy that can get a 6 in skyjacker suspension lift kit for me but im not sure what yr the ranger is. does anyone know what yrs will fill a 92 exploder?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

83-97 I think. Rear lift will be a little different since ranger is SOA & SUA. The ex can be lifted by going SOA & you'll get ~5.5"

thanks guys! if thats true i will be picking it up for dirt cheap!
:D

Ive done exp. lift on ranger.... direct bolt on 89 ranger 91-94 exp lift

I just did this swap in my 91 Ex and it's a bolt in. If you are buying a used lift, expect the front to sit a little lower, as the skyjacker coils have a relatively soft spring rate. The Ex is a little heavier than the Ranger as well, so it might be a wise investment to buy/ make some coil spacers for the bottoms of the coils to sit on - this will basically bring you back to the 5.5 -6" lift range they advertise.

If it is the "plate" style lift be carful it doesn not hit the front pumpkin (diff), you will have to grind a little on the plate. (you will see what I mean when you install it). The brackets in the other hand should work fine.

If it is not a plate style then ignore me.

Back