Liking My X Alot More | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Liking My X Alot More

UtahX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Grand Junction, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
Friday night a friend and I did a canyon in Zion National Park (Englestead Hollow) we had to go back up to retrieve his 300 ft. rope on the first rap. Well, on the way up it rained and hailed on us. He has a F-150, but no front wheel drive or 4 wheel drive, we got in a very short distance when his truck would not move basically. The road had some light dirt/clayish material. So, we had to hike in to retrieve my X and the rope. We got the rope, now the test for my X. The road from his truck to my truck was alot nastier, hilly, mud, and potholes filled with water. I never drove my truck through anything like this before, but man it was a piece of cake getting out. I asked my friend why he had no 4 wheel drive or even front wheel drive, he says "It was cheaper". My truck had tons of mud all over the sides, tires, and a bunch more under the bumpers/wheel wells. Had fun getting out though.