Limited grille on Eddie?

GingeRed11

Make Explorers Great Again!
Reaction score
City, State
Northwest Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer EB 4x4
Hey does anybody know if a limited grille can simply bolt up to an Eddie Bauer edition, I really want the limited grille so please let me know!!
THANKS IN ADVANCED!!!

95 Eddie, 97 limited grille?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup. As far as I am aware, all of the grills are interchangeable on the 2nd gen Explorer. I've seen many a Sport, XLT, etc... with a Limited (2 bar) grill on it.
Note: The only exception is the Merc Mountaineers. The post-facelift ones have different headlights, and i think even the pre-facelift ones might be a bit different, but, someone else can correct me on that.

On my 96 XLT, I had the original, a Mountaineer one, and currently have a Limited one.

AFAIK, as long as the headlights match, you can swap grills.

Here is mine with a Mountaineer grill:

MountaineerGrill.jpg

Yup. As far as I am aware, all of the grills are interchangeable on the 2nd gen Explorer. I've seen many a Sport, XLT, etc... with a Limited (2 bar) grill on it.
Note: The only exception is the Merc Mountaineers. The post-facelift ones have different headlights, and i think even the pre-facelift ones might be a bit different, but, someone else can correct me on that.
Thank you so much!!!!

The grilles for any model year I believe have always interchanged, and Ford finally began to do away with the chrome grille in 1999 for the most part. Ford finally heard enough people telling them they wanted the painted/Limited colored grilles. My newest truck is a 98 Limited, and it has a painted 99-01 grille.

I stand corrected then on the Mountie point, I thought the bottom edge profile was slightly different on those, even w/ the same headlights. My apologies for the confusion.

I've got a Limited grille out a 95 here for my 01, gotta plastidip it and put it in, I also have a 99 Limited grille, a chrome stock one, and a Mountaineer one, I have a style for every occasion

I've got a Limited grille out a 95 here for my 01, gotta plastidip it and put it in, I also have a 99 Limited grille, a chrome stock one, and a Mountaineer one, I have a style for every occasion
That pretty cool and awesome

What does the limited grille look like? I have an orange 98 explorer, and the grille is also orange, but it's starting to fade and look kind of weird, so I'd like to get my hands on a new one...

Here is a sample pic of one version. This is the one I have.

2nd_Generation_Ford_Explorer_Limited.jpg

Ooooh nice, that's got less of the "bulge" to it that the 90s were bad with, I'm gonna have to find me one of those!

Well as an edit, ain't nothing on ebay... I need to find out where the nearest junkyard is and go nab some parts!

On my 96 XLT, I had the original, a Mountaineer one, and currently have a Limited one.

AFAIK, as long as the headlights match, you can swap grills.

Here is mine with a Mountaineer grill:

MountaineerGrill.jpg
You have a pic with the limited one?

I think I paid $16-17 each for the Limited grille and the Mountaineer grille.

Finding a Mountaineer one in excellent condition was lucky. Finding a Limited grill that was not broken took some time.

Jeez, I would put my "limit" for a grille at about maybe 30 or 40 bucks, 400 is way too much and 115 is still up there... and while the Mountaineer grille looks awesome, I don't think I could handle having that other Logo on there like that, little things like that get to me :(

Also... the parts that wrap around the headlights are kinda bulged out into the air for me, is that normal or is something up with them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2nd_Generation_Ford_Explorer_Limited.jpg

That's the 1995-98 Limited grille. There really only were two Limited grilles, the 93/94, and that 95-98 version. In 1999 the Limited just became a painted version of the prior chrome grille.

I like the Explorer grille better than the Mountaineer grille, but the rare painted Mercury version is unique enough I'm going to put that on my 98 Limited, and use the emblem from the 3rd gen(it's a titanium(gray) color, better looking than the old chrome emblem).

Back