• Register Today It's free!

Limited Slip Diff?

airjeff

Reaction score
City, State
White Bear Lake, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Eddie Bauer 4.6
Are there any limited slip diffs available for the 3rd gen? Mine didn't come with the tow package so I didn't get one and I'm guessing the OEM one is expensive and not as nice as an aftermarket. I did some digging and was wondering if I came up with the correct info. Does the EX have an 8.8" 28T 10 bolt diff? If it does then it looks like there may be a bunch of choices. Thanks!

Ford 8.8" 31 spline (atleast for the solid axles). I would call a place like randys ring and pinion to see what they say. Also, I have a Ford Racing LSD and I like it. Grabs real well.

-Drew

i have the tow package with limited slips 3.73's. im pretty positive its an 8.8 31 spline... these ALL seem to have manufacture problems though... im looking into it now... I think the drive shaft is sloped wrong causeing a difference in degrees between the tranfercase and diff... which seems to be binding the pinion and ring therefore haveing diff failures... as well as bearing diff failures...

im changing my ENTIRE drive train... the 5r55 tranny and something in the diffs design are junk.

Back