Lincoln Embrace Feature (Approach Lighting) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lincoln Embrace Feature (Approach Lighting)

peterk9

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3
With Lincoln Embrace, as you approach the locked vehicle, certain interior and exterior lighting features come on. I have this working everywhere except when parked in my driveway or garage. Have any other owners noticed this as well? I'm wondering if the reason for it not working in this location is because it knows it is 'at home' through the WiFi connection? Can't think of any other reason. There is nothing else around that could possibly interfere with it.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With Lincoln Embrace, as you approach the locked vehicle, certain interior and exterior lighting features come on. I have this working everywhere except when parked in my driveway or garage. Have any other owners noticed this as well? I'm wondering if the reason for it not working in this location is because it knows it is 'at home' through the WiFi connection? Can't think of any other reason. There is nothing else around that could possibly interfere with it.

Peter
Peter-That feature works fine in my driveway with my router just a few feet away. Not sure what is up. Good luck
/park

Thanks Park. I'll be taking it in to have the Winter tires put on later this month and I'll ask them about it.

Peter

Just a thought, do you lock your Aviator in the garage? Maybe it only works if you approach it while it is locked. Or maybe you leave the key close to the aviator and it needs to have the key to be away for a certain minimum amount of time.

Thanks Omar. Unless I plan to go out again the vehicle is always in the garage and I don't usually lock it. It is seldom locked when in the driveway either. To check out this particular 'issue' I did try locking it while parked in both places and nothing. I do believe however that the lights are only supposed to come on when it is locked since that is when I always notice it away from the house. I may try parking it on the street, locking it, and seeing if that makes a difference.

Peter

UPDATE: Found that if I parked about 15-20 feet from the garage, the approach lighting works fine. The driveway is 70 feet long btw. Not sure why it doesn't work when it's closer. :dunno:

Peter

The “Embrace” is only active for 2 cycles between start cycles. This is to save the battery. I’ve found that if I walk closer to the attached garage with my key (or phone) in my pocket, the embrace won’t work when I go to the garage to leave. If wife’s purse is too close it also cancels the embrace feature.

That doesn't seem to be the issue in my case but thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Peter

That doesn't seem to be the issue in my case but thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Peter

Maybe where the keyfob is kept, you are not far enough away for it to know you are away from it therefore when you approach it, it doesn't welcome you. Backing your car down the driveway gives you enough space between the vehicle and the fob to know you walked away.

In simpler terms, maybe a 25 ft radius is around the car and you need to go outside that range for it to know you reentered that "bubble" if you will and light back up.

Keyfob is always in the 'watch pocket' of my jeans. I'll try a few more tests re the 'bubble'. Apparently it has an 8 - 9 foot detection range.

Peter

Back