Lincoln Praises Continential, Swift Action | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lincoln Praises Continential, Swift Action

FlyAU

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 GLI, 2013 Escape
Wow, if I were Bridgestone/Firestone, I'd consider this a slap in the face. Oh well. Good for Continential, I guess, LOL.

Lincoln Applauds Continental-General Tire's Prompt Action

The following statement is attributable to Mark Hutchins, president, Lincoln Mercury:

"We believe Continental-General Tire caught this issue early and together we're going to do everything we can to quickly inspect the tires and replace them, if necessary. I would like to assure our customers that Lincoln Navigators equipped with ContiTrac AS tires have an excellent safety record and we have received no reports of serious accidents, fatalities or serious injuries. Lincoln applauds Continental General Tire for moving quickly. This is an example of the early warning system under discussion with all of our tire suppliers. Continental-General Tire has moved quickly to identify the root cause here. Both Lincoln and Continental-General Tire are equipping our dealers to do everything necessary to resolve this situation and satisfy our customers. Lincoln customers can bring their vehicles to their local dealer or call the Lincoln Customer Assistance Center at (800) 521-4140"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Smack!!

I certainly would call that a slap in the face! In this case I would have to say that Licoln didn't know of the problem and Continental came to them to keep from what happened to Firestone. But in the case of the Ford/Firestone issue, I'd have to say that Ford knew for a loooong time.

Hmm, seems like a media ploy to me. Continental fakes a bad tire, replaces a few thousand and looks good. The quick reaction makes Lincoln(Ford) look good. Think about it.

2001-Point well made....But is it worth it with all the money that is being spent in the whole Lincon/continental/general problem?
Pete

I'm willing to bet it's a drop in the bucket for Continental....

Has anyone purchased Continental Conticrosscontact lx tires? I originally panned to get Yokohama Geloanders but now I am also considering the Continentals. I never go off road.

Back