• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Link to NHTSA complaint form for exhaust fume smell entering the cabin

Summers22

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Limited 4x4 3.5
I was reading about the exhaust fumes investigation on here and all over the internet and decided to see how I could register my complaint. I found the NHTSA website and filled out the form. It is VERY important all Explorer owners that have smelled exhaust fumes in their cabin to register a complaint. I just want a safe vehicle for my wife and kids to be able to ride in (well, me too ;)). Maybe together we can make Ford own up and fix this engineering flaw. This is your voice people, use it!

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Summers22

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Limited 4x4 3.5
Wow, lots of people are reading my post but no replies. Hope you all take the time to register a complaint.

thefranchise713

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 Toyota Prius Prime
I threw one in. Maybe it'll be a helpful data point in the engineering analysis... I don't know.

Summers22

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Limited 4x4 3.5
Or get you on a list for your vehicle to be evaluated. I want public record of mine being on a NHTSA list in case of a recall etc.

Summers22

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Limited 4x4 3.5
More people need to use this link, its very helpful in determining just how many are having issues.

dragonexplorer12

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer LTD
I wish could throw in my support for my complaints, but other countries are not included. Have to do this locally...

Halford1

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
I live in California and I do not smell any exhaust smoke. California has very strict laws on emission. Not sure if that has any effect to the exhaustion issues.

Summers22

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Limited 4x4 3.5
It appears there are cracks forming in the exhaust manifolds.