• Register Today It's free!

links for leafs and shackles?

cjewett

Reaction score
City, State
Ramsey, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eddie bauer
I have been looking for hours and cant find the best site. Im looking to get 2 inches of lift in the rear. Any combination of springs and schackles. If anything I need a link to a pair of shackles that will give me 2 inches of lift and stock leaf springs. Then a 2 inch torsion twist to the front. Thanks

I personally prefer not to use lift shankles as to the cosmetics look and the stability control vs using a nice leaf spring.

Go to Superlift.com or deaverspring.com

Alot of companies that sell suspension leaf springs are made by Deaver, which in my opinion are the leaf spring of choice.

Using shackle lift is achieved by the shackle with a length greater than stock is pressing the spring away from the leaf mount to a more flat de-arched state. Which could cause a spring to wear faster and start to have a negative degree spring over a period of time which ultimately you start to lose lift and ride control.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Also read the link below it has alot of info at the beginning of the thread.

http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208483

thanks for the help, im gonna order some new lift springs and new stock shackles as mine are rusted through. Also I will be putting 31's on once complted

For 31" tires, you wont need much lift at all to clear them. A simple add a leaf from someone like Pr-Comp will work for you. They have short and long leaf kits.

If you go get a set of lift springs, most are 4" of lift. Older (79 to early 80's)F-150 leaf packs will give you a couple inches of lift as well.

Back