List of parts and part numbers I can't find online | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

List of parts and part numbers I can't find online

Explore01

Reaction score
City, State
Everywhere
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
Hi everyone,

Been having trouble finding parts online. Usually I would find them no problem, but for some reason when I look I'm running into roadblocks. For instance, I would find the general part, but what I would be looking is not listed even though it's the same part but a different style, etc.

I have been looking for OEM parts by the way, and not really aftermarket. I have considered aftermarket, but replica replacements to OEM are the only thing I would consider as I want to cut back on further modification of the actual part to make the parts fit

So here it goes;

OEM Wheels
  • Size - 17x7.5
  • Offset - 20-35mm (still unsure what the stock Offset is - would love to get that info)
  • Bolt Pattern - 5x114.3
  • Hub - 70.6
  • Threads - M12x1.5
  • Current Wheel Design is #5 in this small image
    mf02300.svg

Running boards - I've considered them, but I would love to know what the best OEM or Aftermarket versions are that are compatible with my Explorer. I've seen all sorts of kinds; Some that have lights, some that glow, some that project the 'Explorer' or 'Ford' logo .. so this would be great to see what the community already knows of that I haven't a clue exists as I have never bought running boards before

Hood Moulding replacement - I can only find chrome and not the black primed model number. I know it exists because it's installed

TPMS sensor - I know there are aftermarket solutions for this, but obviously compatibility can be a concern.

Automatic Stick Shift Plastic Cap - Are there metal replacements? If not what is the OEM part number? I had it in a PDF. I can't seem to find the PDF unfortunately

OEM Double Din Stereo replacement - I've explored the never ending aftermarket world of stereo equipment in regards to car stereos. Personally want to get the best replacement that can do it all such as Front Camera, Rear Camera, and preferably with an HDTV tuner all in one solution. If not, a clean OEM replacement with GPS, if one exists, would also be a great consideration.

Digital Temperature controls - There's a rumor that Digital Controls are a direct replacement of Analog Controls. If this is true, I would love to get the OEM replacement or some kind of aftermarket kit available that someone knows of.

So as of right now, besides the mechanical issues that currently exist, these are the standing issues I would like to sort out before winter arrives.

Thanks everyone in advance for the help.

On a side note, what does everyone use for cloth carpet cleaning in their Explorer. I've looked at a lot of different solutions and figured I should just ask here to get a fresh take.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok easy thing first sneedparts.com is a great place to find oem part numbers.

Digital temp control is not a direct replacement it uses temp sensors for temp control, different blower motor control and probally more things than just that. I have never heard of an aftermarket upgrade for any car.

The top cap of the shifter there is no replacement besides buying a new shifter assembly.

Tpms sensors have no compatability issues as long as they are programmed for your vehicle and are the correct frequency (315 mhz for most if not all ford vehicles)

To put oem navigation you will probally need a donor car for parts its not just replacing the head unit and it will work. will also require programming to the vehicle. Your best bet is aftermarket installed by a professional.
A donor car with digital hvac control and navigation may be an option.

Stock wheel offset is around 44mm ( this if for the 16x7 rims but should be similer for the 17 inch rims)

The black hood molding i dont think i have ever seen a stock 4th gen without it being chrome. If you got the car used it may have been painted or is aftermarket.

Sorry it this all sounds negitive but your car is 16 years old and a lot of parts either have been or are being discontinued both on the oem and aftermarket sides. They stopped making the 4th gens in 2010.

For cleaner i just use carpet cleaner that you would use in your home.

Black hood molding has discontinued for sure (oem part of adrenalin or ironman ).

You can simply paint it (with or without removing the chrome coat).

Wheel sensors: you can check your SJB frequency via any ford parts site and choose quality tpms aftermarket sensors (inner or outer) like say VDO or something.

Replacing analog a/c control : you will need to replace the whole blower assembly,hvac control module and sensors,front dashboard console and reprogramm as build file.

Not a direct replacement at all.You can do it,since all the gen4 2006-2010 parts are plug and play but it will cost a lot of money even with used oem only parts purchased.

Running boards:you can buy or DIY robust one .make sure that all the 3 studs per mount used.in general,running board design (light aluminum or robust steel) depends on road or offroad use.Westin,Aries or GoRhino boards should be ok

The OEM Radio/GPS is easy. It does not need programing, just plug and play. You just need to buy the GPS antenna for few bucks on ebay.

I got an OEM GPS unit from a salvage yard for 100 few years ago and just replaced the stock radio with it in our 07 Eddie Bauer. It worked right away but it is so outdated :):)

As far as the radio goes, I replace mine in a 2007 Eddie Bauer with a unit from ATOTO. Find it on Amazon. You can do the install yourself and has everything you could possibly want. Check it out!

As far as the radio goes, I replace mine in a 2007 Eddie Bauer with a unit from ATOTO. Find it on Amazon. You can do the install yourself and has everything you could possibly want. Check it out!

Back