• Register Today It's free!

List of Questions

B-MAN

Reaction score
City, State
Chico,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 EB
I have a 3" BL sitting on my floor. I was wondering what do I have to move up besides the bumpers? The radiator??
Next What is a good brand of plugs because its time to change em.
And last how do i reset the computer after I clean the MAF sensor(where is it anyways)

I'm gonna cram some 33x1250 under there with just the 3". I might add shackles and if any of you have the two inch skyjacker coils for sale I'm always interested.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know much about a BL but I have considered putting a 2" on my truck in the summer when I have time to break bolts and replace them (I have a lot of salt damage to my underside).

As far as the plugs, I have installed Bosch Platinum Plugs and they work pretty well with the Bosch Premium Wires. Resetting the computer consists of diconnecting the negative cable off the battery and pulling the light switch on for ~30 minutes.

I assume that you are wanting to clean the MAF filament? You need a security star torx screwdriver to take off the two retaining screws(that or use a dremmel tool to cut a slot in the top so that you can use a regular screwdriver). The whole thing sits on the air tube from the air cleaner to the fuel injector. Spray the filament with carb cleaner and let it air dry before putting it in.

Not sure what model you have but that is how I do it on my 92 XLT. Good Luck!

What model is yours?
I have a 95 and you don;t even remove the filiment.

Also I run Bosch plaitnum plugs and Bosch premium wires and they are great!

Hey I put on a body lift and 2 inch of custom suspension lift. After all this I decided to run 33x10.5 the run great had to trim a bit of the plastic behind the front wheel wells attached to the running boards but other than that they have been great. As far as the lift watch out for the steering column I had to use the extender provided inthe kit howevet this drastically changes the angle of the column and may create a "flat"spot in the steering so if you can get away without using it you will probably be better off.

good luck

Oh and I have heard that yu can reset the computer by disconeting the battery for longer than 15 minuetes don't really no if thiis true though

As for the computer, after you disconnect and reconnect the (-) battery cable, run the truck with ALL accessories off for about 15 mins, then go drive the truck a bit hard for 30-45 mins. This will kick-start the relearning process.

Thanks for the responses guys. I have 93 EB. I can't wait to get all the mods done but its gonnabe a little while because I need a little more dough and I cant take it out of commission yet. Any ideas about the radiator. Oh yeah I am not to worried about the steering geometry I can fix that I am just curious about where the radiator goes or how the engine sucks in as much air if its 3' lower.

Back