List of SAS axles

Josh C.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Live in: Santa Ana, CA - - - From: Oshawa, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mounty v8 AWD
Hey everyone. I though I saw a while back (years?) a link/post of solid axles that work for a SAS and what donor vehicles you can find them on. Ex: pre76 broncos, shorter length d44, etc etc etc. Is there anything like that?
Thanks!

If you are looking for driver side drop about the same width as an explorer you are kind of limited
1 jeep wagoner's Later models 77 or 78 up IIRC. they will be 6 lug so you would need rear axle also Would be dana 44 F/R
Jeep YJ XJ TJ Dana 30 or Rubicon Dana 44
G2 is making a D44 set up for the XJ etc comes with choice of gears and lockers already set up competitively priced compared to having an axle set up if you can not do the gear work your self.
to give you a better list I would need some info on what size tires you plan to run. Do you drive With a heavy throttle or light? what motor and t-case you plan on running etc.

Hey Frank, I just saw that you responded, thank you. My alerts went to an old email I dont use any more.
I have the 5.0 with the f150 4406 Tcase

With a V8 I would try for a Dana 44 - I have seen dana 30s hold up well with 33- 35" tall tires but that's with a careful driver on a lighter vehicle.

Back