• Register Today It's free!

Listing Explorer

AJ

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 EB 4x4
I'm new to the forum. My 2000 EB 4x4 'lists' about 1" lower on the drivers side than the passenger side. Its low mileage (40k miles) and hasn't seen any harsh use or towing. The truck has the ARC suspension, the later model with 2 rear air shocks only.

Reading through previous posts, it seems like this is a common problem and attributed to sagging drivers side leaf springs from driver / gas tank weight.

Before I swap out / replace the leaf springs, can anyone tell me if this might actually be a problem with the ARC itself. As the air shocks are capable of altering ride height, is it possible that the height / level sensors are misalligned or damaged such that one side is riding higher than the other? The air shock on the left side is currently stroked out less than the one on the right. Not sure if this is symptom or cause.

I have not has good experience with my local Ford service center. It's possible that they may not have deactivated the ARC when they jacked the vehicle to replace a parking brake cable earlier this year. It may be my imagination, but is seemed like the sag became noticeable after this. Would failure to turn off the ARC prior to jacking lead to the type of damage that would cause the vehicle to 'list' or is this just coincidence?

Grateful for any advice.

Back