• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Thunderstorm questions

OKExplorerSport

Reaction score
City, State
Broken Arrow, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com...nderstorm-Downpipes-w{47}-Hi%2dFlow-Cats.html

1) Has anyone installed this on their Sport?
2) Does it blow a CEL error?
3) On a stock Sport, what are the HP and Torque gains?

I want to upgrade my exhaust with the exhaust that provides the best HP/ Torque gains without throwing a CEL and this is one of the top centenders that I have researched. But...I refuse to buy a product without knowing the gains.

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com...nderstorm-Downpipes-w{47}-Hi%2dFlow-Cats.html

1) Has anyone installed this on their Sport?
2) Does it blow a CEL error?
3) On a stock Sport, what are the HP and Torque gains?

I want to upgrade my exhaust with the exhaust that provides the best HP/ Torque gains without throwing a CEL and this is one of the top centenders that I have researched. But...I refuse to buy a product without knowing the gains.

Thanks in advance.

1) Nope, but I looked into it.
2)Stock tune, Yes. Custom tune removes it. Not good for OBDII state inspections.
3)Not sure, but probably not worth the cost if you are not going with a tune.

As far as I know, PPE downpipes are the only aftermarket ones with no CEL.

For a catback I would go with the Corsa from Livernois.

There was someone on here a while back that had installed them and talked about the improvement or lack there of, can't remember.I just remember them commenting on a little quicker spool up time but no dyno numbers or time slips before or after. Try searching for it on here it should be here somewhere.

There was someone on here a while back that had installed them and talked about the improvement or lack there of, can't remember.I just remember them commenting on a little quicker spool up time but no dyno numbers or time slips before or after. Try searching for it on here it should be here somewhere.

Yes, the larger diameter pipes will help the turbos spool up quicker, help them breath. I remember reading someone with an SHO did some dyno testing and found that catless pipes added 17 whp and pipes with cats added about 5 hp less than the catless (I think they were PPE downpipes), but you do feel the benefits of the quicker spooling of the turbos.

I think going with a catback would give you about 25 whp. But all the testing that I've seen for downpipes and catback were done with a performance tune, not stock. The Corsa is more money, but I've heard that you do not get the drone that the others give.

I still have my stock exhaust, just sharing what I have read from others in the forums with these aftermarket parts.

When I had the PPE downpipes on my XSport, I picked up about 30wtq. The power only went up a little, but that can be changed with the tuning. The spooling and power band was broader and there was definitely a quicker feel to the vehicle. So much so that my wife had me uninstall them because it was "too quick" lol.

When I had the PPE downpipes on my XSport, I picked up about 30wtq. The power only went up a little, but that can be changed with the tuning. The spooling and power band was broader and there was definitely a quicker feel to the vehicle. So much so that my wife had me uninstall them because it was "too quick" lol.
Did you end up getting rid of this ppe downpipes?

Back