Livernois tune experience | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois tune experience

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for your reply. When coming out of turns, when I hit WOT, it sometimes stumbles for a second or two before getting power. The dealer has already replaced my Throttle body. Still could recreate the problem afterward. No indicator lights when this happens. On a hunch, I disabled traction control and over multiple wot launches, coming out of turns I have been unable to recreate the issue. Upon re-enabling traction control I was able to recreate the issue almost immediately. I was wondering if this is the "turn bog" he speaks of.

I'm 95% sure "Turn Bog" is by design and is a Traction Control response. I noticed it the first week when driving my Sport. If I think I need to take a hard turn out in front of traffic from a stop... I turn the TC knob/switch to "Sand Mode" and drive with confidence. Turn Bog cannot be replicated in Sand Mode because it turns the TC off. At least I've never been able to replicate it in Sand Mode. I prefer to run in Sand Mode when spirited driving is necessary: as throttle tip in is much more crisp and the slightly over bearing Traction Control isn't present.

... I turn the TC knob/switch to "Sand Mode" and drive with confidence......
That's the TMS (Terrain Management System) control knob.;) It should be easy to see if the cause is the traction control since the 'Stability Control' light should come on when it engages.

Peter

I'm torn between an LMS or an SCT "Tuner" as I'm at 35K+ miles and am feeling the itch to open the performance up a step or three... Anyone here have experience with both Tuners and can point me in either direction? Or is it a 6 in one hand half dozen in the other kind of a deal??? I understand the transmission needs to go to night school for a bit... But I must admit I do have a hair of trepidation with the LMS tune because of the 1st to 2nd slamming reports under Wide Open Throttle. Has LMS addressed this more recently? Thanks in advance...

Ham

I'm torn between an LMS or an SCT "Tuner" as I'm at 35K+ miles and am feeling the itch to open the performance up a step or three... Anyone here have experience with both Tuners and can point me in either direction? Or is it a 6 in one hand half dozen in the other kind of a deal??? I understand the transmission needs to go to night school for a bit... But I must admit I do have a hair of trepidation with the LMS tune because of the 1st to 2nd slamming reports under Wide Open Throttle. Has LMS addressed this more recently? Thanks in advance...

Ham
The shifting softened up after driving a while, but I was still more concerned with longevity.. I emailed them and asked for softer shifting. They said I was the first to ask for this, and that most people want to be able to chirp the tires. Within two days they had a new tune for me. It now shifts almost like stock, maybe a little quicker, but is perfect for my daily driving.

The soft shift tune is where it's at. The 91 LMS tune would chirp the tires on the 1-2 shift but the soft shift version does not. Around town, it shifts nearly like stock. However, at moderate throttle, the shift is positive and firm, but not harsh. It's faster/firmer than stock, but nothing excessive. I love the soft shift tune.

I requested 2 tunes from Livernois - 87perf and 91perf. I received those, plus a "soft shift" version of each. I'm a fan of the "soft shift" programming.

I got my Livernois tuner and 3bar a little over a week ago. Very happy with the results. After I plugged in the MyCal and sent them the necessary information I had my tune back in under 48 hours. Install was very simple. I am running the 93 Performance 3bar soft shift tune and I am very happy with the results. Shifts are nice and firm without being too harsh and performance is significantly improved.

I am a happy Livernois customer for now!

I got my Livernois tuner and 3bar a little over a week ago. Very happy with the results. After I plugged in the MyCal and sent them the necessary information I had my tune back in under 48 hours. Install was very simple. I am running the 93 Performance 3bar soft shift tune and I am very happy with the results. Shifts are nice and firm without being too harsh and performance is significantly improved.

I am a happy Livernois customer for now!
Nice. Got the same set up. Have fun!

Does anyone know if an SHO MyCal can be used on '17 Explorer Sport?
I have a MyCal calibrator that was purchased for a 2010 SHO (sku#: LPP631103) that i would like to use for my new 2017 Explorer Sport. Does anyone know if Is it possible get Livernois to send a new program so that I can reprogram the the SHO MyCalibrator to use with my '17 Exp Sport? Livernois lists the Explorer Sport MyCal under a different sku # LPP631131.
I emailed Livernois a few days ago, but I don't know if I will hear back. Does anyone know?

I have a MyCal calibrator that was purchased for a 2010 SHO (sku#: LPP631103) that i would like to use for my new 2017 Explorer Sport. Does anyone know if Is it possible get Livernois to send a new program so that I can reprogram the the SHO MyCalibrator to use with my '17 Exp Sport? Livernois lists the Explorer Sport MyCal under a different sku # LPP631131.
I emailed Livernois a few days ago, but I don't know if I will hear back. Does anyone know?

I asked about my 2015Mustang Ecoboost and 2016Explorer Sport... and they said to stop in (locally), but cannot just send you a new program, so it sounded like hardware update too.
Not so sure about 3.5L to 3.5L, but guessing not.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

I asked about my 2015Mustang Ecoboost and 2016Explorer Sport... and they said to stop in (locally), but cannot just send you a new program, so it sounded like hardware update too.
Not so sure about 3.5L to 3.5L, but guessing not.

Thanks for the reply. I am up in Canada, so I can’t come by their shop. Might just have to order a new order new MyCal.

They usually email back the next day if you're an existing customer....I would go through a few of the Livernois tuning threads here I think Anthony posted his phone number.

They usually email back the next day if you're an existing customer....I would go through a few of the Livernois tuning threads here I think Anthony posted his phone number.

Got a reply from Dave at Livernois. He said i can mail the MyCal to them to update the firmware to convert the unit to my ‘17 Explorer Sport. Sounds promissing. Will report back after - hopefully it all works out.

Does anyone have the LMS tune?

I haven't seen a single Draggy result yet.

Anyone care to share their experience?

Your thread was merged with this one.
Many members have a Livernois tune as indicated in several threads. It seems to be the most popular one. You can find several more by using the Forum's 'Search' feature.

Peter

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back