Livernois Tune | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Tune

You can actually run the 3 bar without a thermostat. The lower temps probably allow the tuners to eke out a bit more performance but it's not a necessity.

Also, has anyone considered running a 2.5 bar? I believe that's stock on the F-150's and let's be honest, these little turbos we have are not going to surpass the range of the 2.5. Plus I've heard they're a little cheaper.

dentalpain - Have you done any logging for Torrie? If you do some data logging for him he will refine the tune for better performance while still keeping things safe.

I have a 3 bar sensor that is bran new that I will let go cheap. I have the unleashed tune and the sct x4 does not yet support the 3 bar sensor. PM me if you are interested.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It seems like it puts more power to the rear wheels.

Try launching on the street in normal mode (traction control off) and sand mode. In normal mode mine spins the front tires off the line. In sand mode they all spin and it goes a little sideways sometimes.

Thank you! I re flashed my tune today because my shifting has gotten complacent on me. I did a 2k launch in sand mode and damn! My truck spun all through first gear into 2nd on "D" no manual shift. No wheel hop just pure power! I have to go play with this some more!

Can I run a 3bar map sensor with just a tune and no other mods?

I have the unleashed tune and the sct x4 does not yet support the 3 bar sensor.

Thanks, but I already have a three bar with the x4, and yes it does work. All you have to do is tell Torrie you have a three bar and he'll send you an updated tune.

You have to have a tune to run a three bar but you do not need anything else.

I just received my 3bar map sensor and performance Tstat. I am going to take this tune up a notch next week! I ran my Livernois 93 Octane with all the updates to the tune from 500 miles to 28k miles on the SHO with no issues btw. Everytime I went in for service, I just restored to stock tune.

Hi

I am not car savvy. I am just someone who loves the look of the Sport and am interested in obtaining little more horsepower. Will you please explain why you restore to stock tune when you took your truck in for servicing.

Thanks

You do not want the dealership seeing your tune. You risk voiding your warranty. Although with Ford recently announcing that they will be offering after sales tuning of the ecoboost, it might change things a little. The dealer can see how many times you flash your ecu and they could "guess" that you are tuning it but cannot prove it. There is also a risk of the dealer performing a flash while your tune is on it that could screw up the tuning. I have not dynoed my truck, Livernois claims up to 80HP with their tunes on the ecoboost. That is a huge gain over the factory setting. It is so much fun to drive around with that unlocked!

Hi

I am not car savvy. I am just someone who loves the look of the Sport and am interested in obtaining little more horsepower. Will you please explain why you restore to stock tune when you took your truck in for servicing.

Thanks

Thanks, but I already have a three bar with the x4, and yes it does work. All you have to do is tell Torrie you have a three bar and he'll send you an updated tune.

You have to have a tune to run a three bar but you do not need anything else.

I have the 3 bar tune from Torrie and with the 3 bar sensor it did not work. I emailed him last week and was told that sct has not listed the scalar needed to get it to work with my vehicle... Did you notice any difference in performance with the 3 bar tune?

I have the 3 bar tune from Torrie and with the 3 bar sensor it did not work. I emailed him last week and was told that sct has not listed the scalar needed to get it to work with my vehicle... Did you notice any difference in performance with the 3 bar tune?

So your strategy isn't supported yet, got it. Hang tight, it will be soon I'm sure. The advantage of the three bar is more boost. The two bar is good to 14.7 or so while the three bar can support way more than these little turbos can produce efficiently.

I put the 93 octane tune in my 14 sport today. It has a K&N air filter and that's all. I have been on the fence for a month now, and decided to go with Livernois.
All I can say is I am glad I did. The truck drives like stock until you mash it. Then it comes alive. To say I am satisfied is an under statement. I do not miss my old souped up Typhoon any longer.:D;)

so all you did was pay for the tuner on the site i think about $599 and thats it?? i have a drop in K&N as well and was wanting to do the same.

Just throwing in my two cents.....traded in my 2013 Sport for a 2015 Sport (got a good deal)....then put back in the Livernois 93 V3 Tune, 3-bar, Thermostat, and my CAI from K&N. I also had Livernois add the cat back exhaust. Expensive? Yes. Does it sound like a V8? No way. But.....the 'seat of the pants' feeling is that my new Sport is faster than my 2013. Again, the only difference is the cat back exhaust. And to be honest, the sound is certainly a lot better than the stock sound. Livernois said that the rear wheel HP (via their nyno) goes up ~20-30 hp. It certainly feels faster, but I really haven't been getting all over it since it only has 700 miles on it. Bottom line is I'm happy. Take it for what it's worth.........

Yup thats about it. You can also call them and order it. Ask for Anthony he is a great help. He will answer any questions you may have.

For those of you tuning your cars, are any of your cars leased? It would be nice if I can tune my leased Sport and then return to stock upon turning in the vehicle.

Also, have you noticed any MPG changes?

I bought both my 2013 (which I just traded in) and my 2015. I didn't have any issues and I'm sure if it was leased there also wouldn't be any.....as long as the PCM were set back to stock. As far a MPG goes, it all depends on how heavy your right foot is. I'm sure I'm getting slightly worse mileage, but the whole idea in getting the tunes and other goodies is to go faster. Going faster/quicker typically means worse MPG.

with the tuner (for my xsport 14) do you need the 3bar or is it recommended/more hp?:salute:

It will give you more hp and better top end performance. It's a more aggressive tune allowing for higher boost.

It will give you more hp and better top end performance. It's a more aggressive tune allowing for higher boost.

Livernois told me that the 3bar tune is exactly the same as their tune w/out the 3bar sensor. It's just calibrated for the new sensor so it does not run so close to maxing out the sensor.

Back