• Register Today It's free!

Livernois tuner

EcoPowerParts

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Flex Ecoboost
I have a Livernois tuner for sale that will support any vehicle the MyCal will support, just FYI $250 shipped.
:)
I put up a post in the for sale section but thought I'd let you guys know here. You'll have to pay $250 to unlock it for your vehicle but it still saves you $100 from their pricing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why are you selling it?

I was told these are VIN locked after you tune with them.

guess that's where the $250 unlock thing comes in???

I bought it to test Livernois vs other tuners on my wife's truck initially then she said leave my truck ALONE! OK so then I asked for an E85 tune on my Flex, I was told Livernois doesn't support E85 tuning.
So it's for sale, I paid $250 for it a couple weeks back, just looking to get what I paid for it.
It will cost $250 to vin unlock and get new tunes for your ride. Saves you $100 off a new one for a basically new one sitting on my desk.
:)

I was told by Ken at Lund Racing this morning that his tuner is "locked to the vehicle permanently". Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Lund and Livernois use the same tuner/flasher? This is all news to me because I have always purchased SCT tuners for all my vehicles previously (with custom tunes), and they can be used over and over with any Ford vehicle, all you end up paying is the tune prices for the new vehicle, so when I heard that these tuners being used on the Explorer Sports are locked to the vehicle, I got kind of bummed because when I eventually sell or trade the car down the road, the tuner will essentially become a paperweight, and the $600 I paid will be a total loss. I probably wouldn't have bought the tuner if I would have known this before hand.

I was told by Ken at Lund Racing this morning that his tuner is "locked to the vehicle permanently". Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Lund and Livernois use the same tuner/flasher? This is all news to me because I have always purchased SCT tuners for all my vehicles previously (with custom tunes), and they can be used over and over with any Ford vehicle, all you end up paying is the tune prices for the new vehicle, so when I heard that these tuners being used on the Explorer Sports are locked to the vehicle, I got kind of bummed because when I eventually sell or trade the car down the road, the tuner will essentially become a paperweight, and the $600 I paid will be a total loss. I probably wouldn't have bought the tuner if I would have known this before hand.
I wouldn't offer it for sale unless I was sure I could sell it

From: Livernois Motorsports <info@livernoismotorsports.com>
To: Original owner
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: MyCal Device Question

Yes our Mycal tuner will work with all F150 ecoboost trucks and for the $250 fee it could even be reloaded to work for a Taurus SHO if he wanted to.

Thank you

Regards,
Anthony
Livernois Motorsports & Engineering, LLC
Phone: 313-561-5500 Fax: 313-730-7500
"Like" us on Facebook
See us on YouTube

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Eric Ball <ericball45@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am selling my LMS MyCal to someone who wants to test your tunes, but doesn't want to pay full price as he already has another tuner. I know you can reset it and install his strategy and tunes for $250, but he wants assurances that the MyCal I have for my 2011 will work with his 2013 F150 Ecoboost as well.
Thanks for your assistance.
Eric

Back