Local 4x4 clubs join together and donate toys and wagons to the Central Valley Childrens Hospital | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Local 4x4 clubs join together and donate toys and wagons to the Central Valley Childrens Hospital

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
A local Toyota club called the Central Valley Crawlers started a toy drive for the local Childrens Hospital 5 years ago. It has grown every year. This year rigs started in Bakersfield CA 120 miles south of the Hospital and after a few predetermined meeting stops along the way ended up at the Hospital. Another group started 75 North of the Hospital and headed south and met at the hospital. Participants brought wagons and new unwrapped toys. The wagons are used to move kids around the hospital. The toys are setup in a room so parents of kids in the hospital can go grab a toy or two to bring to their child who is in the hospital during the holiday season. If you have lived in the valley for any length of time you either had a kid who has been to the hospital or know someone who has. Derek Carr the QB for the Oakland Raiders son spent many days at this hospital when he was born. He will be wearing cleats at this weeks game in honor of this hospital.

Over 30 clubs 125 rigs and 300 people participated in the event. After the toys were dropped off many people went to our local church for a large barbecue and to hang out for a few hours. Unfortunately I was not able to attend but gave several toys to a friend to deliver for me.

News coverage can be found here.

http://abc30.com/society/car-enthusiasts-drop-off-big-toy-donation-at-valley-childrens/1638484/

Many pictures were posted on facebook here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/473...if_t=group_activity&notif_id=1480795745736654

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Nice :D

I was in a Toys for Tots car show last weekend.