local napa & auto value don't carry Sea Foam | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

local napa & auto value don't carry Sea Foam

jsun

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer Sport SOHC 4x
What's the next best thing for an X owner with engine ping, if he can't buy Seam Foam locally???

Thanks!

J

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can anyone help? Please....

you have a carquest store or a marine supply store? the stuff was originally made for boats i think so you could probably find it at a boat place. i know carquest carries it around here.

On their webdite, they list available sources....Dead Link Removed

Originally posted by jasonb
you have a carquest store or a marine supply store? the stuff was originally made for boats i think so you could probably find it at a boat place. i know carquest carries it around here.

Thanks! I guess I'll have to search town for a marine shop then.

The dealers they list on the sea foam page (already tried this) are located here in town, but I went to these dealers personaly to pick it up and they don't have it or have even heard of it? This is why I wonder what the next best thing to sea foam would be.

Thanks for the replys guys!

J

Give Amsoil Power Foam a try. Dead Link Removed

Originally posted by aldive
Give Amsoil Power Foam a try. Dead Link Removed

Great! So there are alternatives then. I'll ping around town tomorrow to find someone here that carries amsoil.

I'll post back with my findings and results.

I didn't want to resort to a fuel injector cleaning addative. I have heard so many good results with sea foam, and I'm sure amsoil apf would compare.

Thanks!

J

Ace and True Value hardware stores tend to carry that stuff, the True Value I worked at for 6 years does.

No Luck!

I searched all day from shop to shop, even marine dealers in my quest to find some sea foam or amsoil fuel additive. I think the marine places thought I was on crack looking for automotive there...lol.

So I resorted to some off the shelf fuel system cleaner that best fit the discription. Although I think it won't compare.

I feel like I'm living in a small town, and have limitations to the goods that you guys in the states have.

Ah well, I'll have to keep looking or order some on-line I guess.

Regards,

J

Back