• Register Today It's free!

Location for woofers

Treleaven

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XL
I was looking for a place to hide my subs in my 97 4 door. I was thinking under the back seats would be the best/only location to have them completely hidden. My question is, seeing I am sure a lot of people have performed this operation before, what size of sub fits best in there? I have an old box for 2 12's that has more then enough box space to use to make 2 smaller boxes with a little extra material. I would like 2 10's but if its going to save me money putting in the 12's then so be it.

Anyone have any tips/photos for me?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PICT0062.jpg

i know its just a 10", but it will handle 800watts, i have a sport and no room under my rear seat, and i need cargo space for my dogs and beer so i built my box. i still have the plans if you would like them

That looks pretty sweet but I would like to keep it under the seat. My friend has a baby, and my deck doesn't have a woofer control right now so I wanted to put a switch on the remote line that I can reach back from the drivers seat and turn off when the baby is riding along.

hi im a big car audio inthusiest and i wanted to put an amp under my seat but the problem was i have a 96 explorer xlt and the back seats fold down. under the seats there are bars that would not alow me to put an amp under them unless in was something of a 200 watt amp. small right so i would say your sub is in the best location possible for room and hiding it if you buy a custom panel for the sides of your truck or u get a tarp that pulls from behind the seats to the hatch to cover them but im not so sure the new models have these anymore

Hey, still have those plans for that enclosure? I found out the other day while putting down the back seats to clean the truck out that the bottoms of the seats collapse to the floor to make for a flat level cargo area so my previous idea won't work. Where did you mount your amp?

Yes, but i am traveling for the holidays right now, and the plans are on my computer at home. I will see if i can get them to you somehow. I had a pioneer 150w amp in the jack compartment, but got lucky and found an alpasonik 2100 for dirt cheap....you have limited space in there so it was hard to find a decent wattage amp that would fit. I can get pics if you'd like.

Hey, still have those plans for that enclosure? I found out the other day while putting down the back seats to clean the truck out that the bottoms of the seats collapse to the floor to make for a flat level cargo area so my previous idea won't work. Where did you mount your amp?

There is no rush. I have a nice little box that will work once I get a time and place to start building an enclosure. I am going to try to mount the amp under the seat. There should be enough room there for it

Back