Lock nuts for KCs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lock nuts for KCs

Anyone know of a good place online to find a good anti theft lock nut. I'm putting my KCs on my push bar and I need a 3/8 nut. Or any other suggestions to keep my lights on my bar and out of a thief's hands.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How about a tack weld?

I know that Lightforce sells their products with lock nuts. I'm pretty sure you can buy a set of them separately. If they are the size you're looking for, I'm not sure.

What is the thread pitch? I thought KC was metric.

Call up a company that does signage. They usually have security nuts. Only places I know of where to order them sell them in larger quantities, like by the hundreds...

I guess you could also check your local Fastenal or equivalent.. They should have those types of things and the tools too.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone but I found these for 15 bucks

anti_theft_nuts.jpg

KC's have M10 x 1.0 or 1.5 (not sure which, don't have my thread gauges here) threads for the main mounting bolts. I see the ones shown have a M10 x 1.5 thread (more common than the 1.0 thread) so they probably will fit.

On edit, I guess it depends upon which set of KC's you're running. I have the rectangular driving lights and they have the M10 thread (but you could easily replace it with a 3/8" threaded bolt), but some of the larger lights like Daylighters have a 1/2 thread.

Back