Locked out keypad not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Locked out keypad not working

Reaction score
City, State
Huron SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
so my husband somehow managed to pre-start my 2013 Ford explorer and then subsequently lock both set of keys in the car. mind you his FAB is running low on batteries and will not start it anyway, hence the two sets of keys now locked in the car. so now we are trying to unlock the car using the keypad in the factory reset code to no avail please advise

so my husband somehow managed to pre-start my 2013 Ford explorer and then subsequently lock both set of keys in the car. mind you his FAB is running low on batteries and will not start it anyway, hence the two sets of keys now locked in the car. so now we are trying to unlock the car using the keypad in the factory reset code to no avail please advise
Welcome to the Forum Ashley.:wave:
Under normal circumstances it should not be possible to lock the keys in the car without using the 7*8, 9*0 keys on the pad simultaneously. But perhaps the batteries are so weak that they didn't register. Just curious as to how he locked the vehicle. I'm guessing with the 'lock' button on the door?
Did you change the Securicode from the factory set one? Just wondering about your statement "using the keypad in the factory reset code".

Peter

Despite this being an extremely rare, and unlikely circumstance, I keep a plain door key in a hide a key box on the frame. It won't start the car, but it will open the door.

Back