Long awaited chopped up Explorer pics.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Long awaited chopped up Explorer pics....

CoryL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
He ya go!!!

Wheelbase is now ~105".

chop01.jpg

chopin2.jpg

chopin3.jpg

The redone rear suspension links and joints.

newsusp1.jpg

newsusp2.jpg

The beefed up rear hoop.

hoopla.jpg

There are still a lot of gussets and supports needed, but this allows me to move it soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP!!!

Cory, I am fascinated with your ride everytime I look at it!!

Robb

hehe.. the seat is sideways facing the drivers side window. are you doing some kind of sideways steering conversion too? :p

I'll be very happy when that "Explorer" kicks "Jeep" @ss in the competitions!!!

is that a gen 1 explorer? i'm amazed-you can't even tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is going to be the first explorer converted to a pick-up style truck! My mouth drops further and further through the floor everytime i see new pics of your ride, cory! :eek: :confused:

The is just awesome....Cory, what size tube is that rear hoop, I'm guessing 2" because thats the bender capacity right? But it looks like 2.5". Also, what type of tubing are you using throughout. I'm looking at getting a bender next summer (if I can justify the cost to myself) so just trying to figure out which die sets to get and stuff like that.

That's sweet!! Do you even think it is an Explorer anymore? When people ask you what it is and you tell them, do they believe you?

Originally posted by ahhjaws
That's sweet!! Do you even think it is an Explorer anymore? When people ask you what it is and you tell them, do they believe you?

This is the earliest thread I can remember, when the first "cuts" were made...What a difference a year makes....Good job Cory!:D

Dead Link Removed

Looks like I exceeded my bandwidth on my Homestead account and they won't let the pics link.

LOL.

I'll fix them when I have more time.

ok cory... its been over a month... where is the the new big-wheels on steriods?

whoa! cory, that thing rocks! where have you been havent seen you in awhile..... i need to do something like that for my truck.......

Looking Great Cory,

I sent you an email through your site on a rear bumper just wanted to make sure you got it!

Originally posted by offroader_69_me
Looking Great Cory,

I sent you an email through your site on a rear bumper just wanted to make sure you got it!
Just to let you guys know, Cory is out of town for the holidays (wish him luck, he is with future in-laws). So, please don't think he is ignoring anyone or slow to get back with you, he is just without computer for awhile. For you guys who know about his problems getting into his new shop, he is now in and working hard. I have a strange feeling, his truck is gonna be put on hold for awhile because he is getting a lot of requests from members here for products.

Robb

Originally posted by morrisey0
Just to let you guys know, Cory is out of town for the holidays (wish him luck, he is with future in-laws). So, please don't think he is ignoring anyone or slow to get back with you, he is just without computer for awhile. For you guys who know about his problems getting into his new shop, he is now in and working hard. I have a strange feeling, his truck is gonna be put on hold for awhile because he is getting a lot of requests from members here for products.

Robb

Thank you very much

Any plans to compete in ERoCC in Jellico, TN? 2002 was it's premier season and it's already one of the top and most respected competitions in the country. Check out http://www.erocc.com/ And join in the discussions at http://forum.jrocc.com/

What problems did he have getting into his new shop?

Back