Long time Ford owner....1st time Explorer owner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Long time Ford owner....1st time Explorer owner

Wilkinda65

Reaction score
City, State
Lithia, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Hey everyone!! long time Ford owner (Mustangs and F-150s) just bought (2/21/2012) my new 2012 Ford Explorer Limited in Tuxedo Black with charcoal perforated leather interior. It has option package 302A, Dual panel moonroof, towing, 20" polished wheels and front/rear mud flaps. My only complaint is the added chrome pillar molding the dealer added. I refused to pay for them in the deal and I will be looking for a way to remove them without damaging the OEM pillar molding underneath. I am sure they are double sided tape and hopefully come off easy.

The truck is absolutely gorgeous and rides great. I was hesitant about buying one with all the issues I have seen on this and other Explorer forums but we took the plunge anyways. Being a long time Ford owner I fully expect issues to crop up. It's how the dealers deal with them that make the experience pleasant or not. Brandon Ford here in Brandon, FL is a great dealership and I am on my 4th vehicle with them. I will be going back this morning for the detailing of the vehicle and some training on how the systems work. We got the truck around 8pm so we did not have time to get all that done last night.

I am a long time Ford Mustang driver (since 1984) and just traded my...... gulp...... 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 in on this vehicle. I'm still pinching myself wondering if this is a dream or a nightmare. Loved the car but priorities prevail. I travel a lot and the Boss sits in the garage. Our other vehicle was a 2007 Ford Fusion S which is not much of a family / traveling car. I bit the bullet and bought the Explorer.

I look forward to interacting with everyone here and adding input. Pictures will follow as soon as I get the truck cleaned up......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0263.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

Wow, that seems really, really odd that a Dealer installed those trim pieces. How many miles are on it?

Wow, that seems really, really odd that a Dealer installed those trim pieces. How many miles are on it?

It had 23 miles on it. Salesman told me he dealer has a guy that comes in once a week and does pin-striping, moldings and vinyl striping. He seems to be able to add what he wants. I had been looking at this truck and a Red Candy and while we took a few days to decide they got added. I made them deduct the charge for them from the deal as I did not want them. Hoping to find an easy way to get them off without damaging the molding underneath

Back