• Register Today It's free!

Look at this price!

bikeboarder

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane,WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer, 92 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been running these for the past year. I paid about $19 each. They are a bit stiff and I hear others have had problems with them when offroading. But hey 5.50/ea for a set of back up shocks aint bad.

Thanks for the heads up about the shocks:thumbsup:

Even though both axles have 31-splines, the Ford 9" has a larger diameter axle shaft so a mini-spool for the 9" will not work for the 8.8".

thanks for the reply.

Is there any reason why i shoulden't use a mini spool for a rear locker? They seem cheep and it seems like it is what i want. Thanks for the input.

Well if the truck is trail only then go for it since the wheels are locked all the time. if it's a street vehicle then u can run it but the tire are gonna chirp all the time around the corners

Is there any reason why i shoulden't use a mini spool for a rear locker? They seem cheep and it seems like it is what i want. Thanks for the input.

once you adapt to the new way your truck will drive, no.

IMO minispools are dumb, they always seem to break and are only a few bucks cheaper than a full spool, the strongest and most dependable option you can get.

Well getting back to the Shocks I ordered a set for my "other" truck and was surprised at how fast the order arrived (well ok part of it since half the order was shipped from Cali and the other half is coming from Ohio) And just ordered this stuff like Monday afternoon and here it is Wednesday and i all ready getting it. hmmm....i guess i know what my weekend project is gonna be this weekend especially if i get the rest of it by Friday.:D

I ordered mine on Sunday night, and mine were recieved today!...

Awesome find,

Thanks!

just Put mine on and it helps the handling sooo much. my old ones were shot.

The price for the shocks is back up to $75. i am glad i found those early!

ive ran these for a couple years and havent been pleased with them really.. wheeled them lightly for that time also

Back