Lookey at Dreamr's new toys

dreamr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lynnwood WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XL / 4x4 / 4.0 ohv
Look what the lovely UPS girl dropped off for me to play with today!!!

I'm so excited :bounce:

It's been a few years, but by the end of the free 1/2 lb. roll of flux core it came with, my welds were starting to look fairly clean :D
Tomorrow I'll get a bunch more scrap and a 11 lb roll of flux core. I need to practice a lot before I start welding suspension systems, or bumpers ;)

The welder is a Clarke 180EN gas/no gas mig :cool: We got the kit for adding the gas, but couldn't afford the tank yet.

201223-9-05_new_toys_008.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats!

the deliver the peg board? I dont get it?

OH and you got the plastic on your socket set still and that grinder wheel is way too new, go cut something. :)

Nice purchase!
My B day is in 7 days (St Pattys) I have got my eye on a used mig with gas.....you know what happens then right? Lets see you learn how to weld = trips to the metal supply shop, no biggie right? Well now you need a chop saw, that works for a little while, then a torch, then a plasma, then you discover tube! So after that its tube bender, notcher, and well it never ends. Hope your wife doesnt find out! hahaha

410Fortune said:
the deliver the peg board? I dont get it?

OH and you got the plastic on your socket set still and that grinder wheel is way too new, go cut something. :)

Nice purchase!
My B day is in 7 days (St Pattys) I have got my eye on a used mig with gas.....you know what happens then right? Lets see you learn how to weld = trips to the metal supply shop, no biggie right? Well now you need a chop saw, that works for a little while, then a torch, then a plasma, then you discover tube! So after that its tube bender, notcher, and well it never ends. Hope your wife doesnt find out! hahaha

Well the sockets have been sitting there for months and are about 12 years old but good try. ;)

As to the future, the tube bender is on back order, and I am scanning the area for a drill press. The torch we are getting supplied through my friend/partners work place :p . Now for that Plasma.......hmmm I didn't think of that yet.

My poor girlfriend, All night I spent in the garage welding random pices of metal,nuts, bolts,etc..... together. I think she is amused and figures at least I'm happy. She has no clue though where this is all going ;)

hahahaha also I was expecting to see pictures of this UPS "girl" :)
See I told you, tube bender is on back order hahahaha......

Congrats....

Thanks Crankcase.

So a question for y'all. I can't remember this from school years ago. How can I tell visually if I am getting adequate penetration with the welder?????????

I can obviously test while working with scrap, but when I start welding on the Toyota I would like to be able to look at it and go yep that's good. Any easy trick to tell?

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking for one new or used.

So when will we see pics of this Toyota you've been talking about? Congrats on the new tools. I hope you aren't planning on building stuff for that Yota only and excluding your X from some of these new goodies :nono: :D

Hopefully I'll have a welder in a year or so, b/c I just found out today that I am getting to leave my high school for half the day and go take either a welding or automotive class :cool:

BTW, Happy Birthday Jamie :)

Positive Vibes said:
How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking for one new or used.

Right in the neighborhood of 500 with standard helmet, gloves, and gas adaption kit.

bmxking5 said:
So when will we see pics of this Toyota you've been talking about? Congrats on the new tools. I hope you aren't planning on building stuff for that Yota only and excluding your X from some of these new goodies

When we actually do something to it :D

We still have not aquired the toyota 8" axle, and are waiting on tools, and money to buy the kit and etc...... We should be underway by spring, and hopefully done by fall. I estimate a lengthy process, for I have never attempted a project like this before. If we are lucky it'll be on the trail much earlier. We're lucky that for our first SAS there is a kit pre made by either Allpro or Marlin Crawler.

My X should be seeing quite a lot of armor after I decide I can draw a pretty enough bead to put on my truck (lots of skids, sliders, bumpers, and anything else I can think to build :D . As to larger projects, I am still undecided if I am content with the IFS in the X for a camping rig/daily driver, with a side trail project of a ranger. Or if I should say screw it and toss a axle under the X and buy a mustang. Either way, It is way in the future :rolleyes:

Just like I thought 33's were last spring :confused:

410Fortune said:
hahahaha also I was expecting to see pictures of this UPS "girl" :)
See I told you, tube bender is on back order hahahaha......

now thats funny :D

:p

Attachments

• ups%20chick.jpg
    ups%20chick.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 941

dreamr, my dad has his old drill press laying around, if i remember correctly he all he wanted was $50 for it. Nothing wrong with it, we just had to upgrade to a larger press, 1/2inch + drill bits were just too much for the machine.

Diff Whack Daddy said:
I wonder what's in the "box"? :D

Very good "stuff" :D

Yeah another new toy :bounce:

Thank you to Arsoul and his dad for hooking me up with a drill press for a great deal!

I need to clean my garage huh :rolleyes:

201223-9-05_new_toys_0021.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dreamr said:
I need to clean my garage huh :rolleyes:

201223-9-05_new_toys_0021.jpg

Especially that discusting ashtray!! :D If it was beer bottles,,,,,,,,, we'd understand :p

Back