Looking at 2000 4WD Manual Shift Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking at 2000 4WD Manual Shift Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Photo

2000_4WD_5-Speed-Manual.jpg

I think you did well; around here that would've been a good 3-4K all day long.

Now I have three.
1996 XLT 170K miles Will eventually rebuild 4R55E tranny
2000 XLS 143K miles Will be my work truck. Going to add custom built ladder rack from UniStrut
1996 XLT 180K miles Thinking of PlasticDip digital camo job

Three_Explorers.jpg

I think you did well; around here that would've been a good 3-4K all day long.
Has almost new Goodyear Wrangler 15" tires. Didn't even bother to try to dicker down the $2,000 price. Picked up tags today and told him I would have gone to $3,000.
15" tires - code for get a taller jack or carry short lengths of 2x4 lumber to change tires.
Next up I'm going to paint bumpers and wheel fairings with Rust-Olem flat black truck bed liner, maybe even the black window trim. The clear coat on front plastic grill has a little bit of peeling - might paint the whole plastic wrap-around like the newer F-250s. Trust me...Pics will follow.

I joined the forum yesterday as a paying member. You guys rock.

Will post my '96 fuel pump replacement saga. Had to pull the tank THREE times!
Replaced pump after taking off right rear tire.
Oh looky here, what is this? The nylon sock I forgot.
Replaced new pump with another one and resoldered fuel level wire.
Ohhh...Why is my tire flat. Hmm...Looks like the ..bolt from the skid pan. OMG only one bolt left holding it up! That explains the metal-to-metal clanking that's been getting worse.

Will also post the track lighting I installed. Eight foot string of battery powered white Christmas lights in plastic tubing clipped to interior roof line.

Also the hack to open rear hatch from inside with a pull rope. And how to reset the latch mechanism if you try to open the '96 hatch from outside when it's locked. The cam jumps out of place and you have to take the inside liner out and pull on the latch bar. Will also install pull rope for rear doors - yeah someone tried to open the rear doors with the child safety lock in the door flipped up and broke the poorly engineered plastic piece. Have we all been down that road?

Looks good, I like it.

That's a lot of 4x4 truck for $2,000 in my opinion. Good job. I'm glad I don't have the child safety lock stuff to deal with.

That's an amazing find, and I agree with him ^, I'm glad I don't have it either. Of course, having a 2 door I should hope I don't ;)

Back