Looking at a '99 Limited - Questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking at a '99 Limited - Questions

Tshark299

Reaction score
City, State
Upstate NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
There's a '99 Limited sitting at a body shop near my work that I'm thinking of making an offer on as a second truck. The story is that the shop owner (who i know somewhat) has a silent partner that keeps buying cars and trucks to fix and sell, but never does. They end up sitting in the yard for years as is. This explorer was parked probably 3-4 years ago because it needed brakes front and rear. The shop owner said he drove it around a few times when the partner first got it in, but it hasn't moved since.

All i know about it is that it needs at least the brakes, probably more since it's been sitting for so long, and is an automatic with 76K on it. Did the Limiteds only come with a certain drivetrain, such as V8/AWD... or was the V6 and 4WD available on these too. I don't see any badging on it other than "Limited".

Any idea what it might be worth, or what i should offer them knowing it at least needs brakes and who knows what else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure what you should offer them but 76k on the clock is a great start.

I'm not sure what you should offer them but 76k on the clock is a great start.
yeah especially since i'm up to 172K on my '93! still going strong though. anyone else?

Unless the badges were removed, being a Limited, I would assume it has the 4.0 SOHC V6. If the drivetrain is OK i would offer $2000-$2500

Unless the badges were removed, being a Limited, I would assume it has the 4.0 SOHC V6. If the drivetrain is OK i would offer $2000-$2500
That's actually the prices I had in mind. I'd only jump on it if I can get an awesome deal. There's really nothing wrong with my '93 which is just as loaded as the this Limited. Execpt that the body is rotting out and it has a ton of miles...

And if it only had Limited badges on it, and doesn't have Ford badges on it, it's probably been repainted after being fixed at the body shop... I'd look that one over very very carefully... But if it's solid, that could be a really, really nice find!

And if it only had Limited badges on it, and doesn't have Ford badges on it, it's probably been repainted after being fixed at the body shop... I'd look that one over very very carefully... But if it's solid, that could be a really, really nice find!
No it also says Ford and Explorer... i just meant that it didn't say "V8" or anything more specific. In other words, I only know that it's a Limited by looking at the exterior.

The body shop guy isn't trying to sell any of these cars, so I'm not worried about him lying to me. he said the finanical parter showed up with it a few years back, they drove it a few times but the brakes were getting really bad, so they parked it.... and there it still is. I'm just thinking of making his partner an offer on it, because I'm tired of seeing such a good looking truck just sit there!

Back