Wanted - Looking for a 5th gen Explorer for the wife, cash in hand | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Looking for a 5th gen Explorer for the wife, cash in hand

Parts or services wanted
Looking for a 5th gen Explorer for the wife, need to get her out of her gas guzzling Expedition EL. Main requirements are leather and 8" screen. FWD is preferred and no 4cyl, no interceptor. Would prefer to find one with a great body but needs work like bad engine, trans or driveline issues as those areas are my specialty. I'd consider anything below 200k miles with a great body / interior and no rust or past salvage history, doesn't have to even run.

Willing to pay up to 10k cash for the right one with lower miles. I am in Virginia Beach, VA but would travel a few states away for the right deal with a trailer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you found anything yet?

Nothing yet, still looking. I have cash and patience but it's a tough market out there.

I am taking my 15 XLT to carmax next week. They offered 11000. 126400 miles. I added Sync3, homelink garage opener, shark fin antenna, new speakers all around, oem sub box with pioneer shallow well 8”sub. Redline hood struts. Wired for sub, but removed amp.Austin Texas. Brown with black leather interior. Just putting it out there

So since she likes my raptor so much I got her the the next closest thing. 2011 F150 FX4 5.0. Near identical to the raptor on the inside too. Found the matching tonneau for $350 on Craigslist, put a bed rug in it and threw a corsa exhaust on it. Also added some 2015+ Fx4 wheels on it. She's happy for now and averages 17mpg in it vs 12mpg in the expedition.

Got the expedition up for sale now and hope to only be out about $4k after it's all said and done. The F150 was actually a flip truck I bought on ebay to start with and she fell in love. Still looking for a nice white 5th gen Explorer though as that's her next request lol.

20220622_180800.jpg 20220717_165514.jpg 20220723_182218.jpg

If you are still looking, i have a black sport with a seized engine if you are interested....

133k-ish on the dash.

I'm up **** creek with this thing. I owe a little under 5k on it. Cover that and it's yours.

If you are still looking, i have a black sport with a seized engine if you are interested....

133k-ish on the dash.
Location?

Back