Looking for a post in this forum. 1st gen premium wiring diagram. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for a post in this forum. 1st gen premium wiring diagram.

Hank

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 EB
I'm looking for a post in this forum where someone pulled their 1st gen factory premium CD player and replaced it with an aftermarket unit.

The key to this post is that he did not use the Scosche, spelling, adapter and actually traced the wires from the factory plug on the back of the radio and put RCA jacks on.

My factory unit is dying of old age, will only turn on after I run the heater to warm it up and the CD is starting to skip. No sense having it fixed as I don't listen to CD's or public radio as I have switched to Sirius.

My Sirius receiver has both the FM transmitter and RCA outs. I have an old school, circa 86 Kenwood EQ/XO unit that will handle gain, volume and splitting the RCA from 2 to 4.

Thinking of just putting the Kenwood EQ/XO in the dash and feeding it with the Sirius unit. I still have all my old school system stuff packed up in boxes so I can quickly see this project getting out of control in a hurry. I'm sure my 3 year old would love to hear the Barney and Wiggles songs on Sirius over the 800w of amps I have ready to put back in. :)

I'm going to keep searching but if anyone recalls this post and can point me to it I would be grateful.

Update, through the board I found this: Dead Link Removed

Would still like to find that post as the guy put a heck of a lot of detail in his post.

Back