Looking for a suspension lift kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for a suspension lift kit

Mikethe1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2006 Eddie Bauer
Hi,

I own 2006 EB, and I'm looking for a lift kit. I'm not interested in space bars, rather at least Spring, but better whole strut (with suspension) - in my understanding this model features a coil over configuration.

Now, I'm a foreigner, in my country only 2.5" lift allowed, and the kit must comply with some German certification called "Kraftfahrwesen 751" (I'm not from Germany but in my country they decided to adopt this standard).

Explorers are very rare here, and importers (and certified installers) don't have kits that fits Explorer.

Which means I'm desperately looking for at least a Spring that will give me the 2.5" lift effect, that the manufacturer of the Spring clearly says that it fits the Explorer 2006 EB. Since only then the importer would be able to bring it here (otherwise customs won't clear it since it's subject to vehicle safety) and installer to certify the lift (here we must write in vehicle registration that it's lifted, and on the annual vehicle inspection they will bring ruler and measure that the lift is only 2.5").

I'm struggling to find a suitable lift kit. Any suggestion?

Thank's in advance.

Rancho Quicklift struts were the answer, but the rear part numbers were discontinued by Rancho in 2018, and the front parts were very recently discontinued as well. I’m new to 4th Gen explorer ownership, but it would seem that the strut spacer is now the only available part to achieve lift.

Thanks!
1. Would it be possible still to find old Rancho kits with the correct part numbers? Let's say Ebay etc.?
2. What should be those part numbers? Are they Rancho internal or Ford's global? In thier website I found front kit but the lift figure was only 1" so I'm not sure if I'm looking on the correct one though this is the only one when filtering.
3. Maybe there are newer Rancho Quicklift with different part numbers, but their properties and figures are exactly the same so practically they are still fit?
4. I know it's a whole new long discussion, but in one sentence - considering the situation, does space bars legit for off road? I heard that they are more like for towing and loading.
Thanks in advance.

Back